Falling Hard, Falling Fast

Jenna when seeing Cole for the first time:

Prince Charming. He's sitting next to Cinderella, who is completely and noticeably ignoring him. She's smiling right next to him, waving at nothing. She's gorgeous, with her blond hair in a bun, looking just like the real thing. But the fact that Prince Charming is looking away really gets to me.

He sees me, and stops waving. I feel my face get hot and my eyes slightly widen. I couldn't feel anything else besides the two. For that seven seconds, I couldn't see anything else. I mean, I'm not the type that's into the whole 'love at first sight' thing, but sometimes things change. But I'm worrying about that because this changed instantanueously. Especially because I was certain he was looking at me and not my beyond-beautiful sister.

Cole when locking eyes with Jenna:

Then I saw her. We held eye contact for the longest time. She was the prettiest girl I'd ever seen in my life. It was the first time I saw her and it was like I knew everything about her. Her light brown hair and brown eyes sparkled, even in the distance. I couldn't breathe, speak, or even think. All I could think of was to smile. And when she smiled back, it made everything alright again. It felt like nothing was bothering me. I suddenly didn't need money, or to please anyone. All I needed was to talk to her.