Status: Finished.

Rollercoaster Ride

Mouth Off About the World

During their practice, I had my eyes glued on John all the time. I loved how his voice sounded like when he was singing – it was deep, and sometimes it could turn you on. But most of the time it gave you shivers. Yea.

They were done with We All Roll Along and decided to take a break. John plopped down next to me and snuggled into my side with a bottle of water in his hand.

“John, I know you’re tired and everything but it feels like your sweat is starting to stick on my skin and it’s gross,” I said.

He laughed as he pulled away to drink his water. “I just feel like I wanna snuggle with you that’s all.”

“Daphne and John Oh sitting on the couch, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” Pat sang childishly behind his drum kit.

“Shut up,” John said, throwing his now empty bottle to Pat, but missed.

“Miss me,” Pat stuck out his tongue.

John grabbed a cushion and threw it, hitting the side of Pat’s head. Then he snuggled into my side again. I wrapped my arms around his thin body.

“John, stop snuggling into my sister and get your ass back here!” Kennedy said while holding his guitar.

“Nah, I can sing right here,” John refused.

Kennedy glared and the John laughed. “Just kidding man, geez,” he said and went back to his microphone after kissing my cheek.

I heard the door clicked open, and I looked toward it, seeing Neyla was stepping down the stairs to sit next to me.

“What were you doing upstairs?” I asked as the boys started playing Girls Do What They Want.

“Mom called,” she shrugged. “Hey is it okay for me to sleep over tonight?”

“Of course!”

“Okay, cool. I might have to borrow your clothes for school tomorrow though,” she grinned.

I shrugged. “Sure, we have the same sizes, right?”

She nodded before we went back watching the boys’ performance. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Neyla was smiling. I turned my head to her and to the direction she was smiling at. Kennedy was looking down to his guitar, and then my eyes bulged wide when I got the answer. My head spun to stare her.

She noticed I was staring and looked at me. I raised my eyebrows, giving her a ‘why-are-you-smiling-at-him’ look. She looked confused and then she shrugged coolly and continued to watch.

While I was still wondering why.

- - -

When I told the boys that Neyla was going to stay for the night, they all whined and complained that they wanted to stay for the night too.

“Fine, but you all sleep in the family room,” I said.

“Why don’t we sleep in the family room too?” Kennedy asked. “I mean, it’s like the old times, right? When we used to sleep in Pat’s basement together.”

They all nodded in agreement. “We should do it again,” Garrett spoke up. “It was fun.”

“Fine,” I said and they all cheered.

After Neyla and I changed into t-shirts and shorts, we all headed back to the family room and saw pillows and blankets on the carpeted floor.

Neyla immediately went to Kennedy and snuggled up with him. I scanned the other boys, deciding where I should sleep.

“Daphne! Sleep here!” Pat offered, excitedly patting the place next to him.

“No, here!” Garrett argued.

I looked over Jared – who was sleeping already – and John – who was reading a book. Wait, what? John reading a book?! What’s wrong with my eyes?!

John looked up and smiled at me while patting the place next to him. I went over him while Pat and Garrett still childishly arguing about where I should sleep. I went under the covers and laid my head on the pillow next to him.

I could feel Garrett and Pat were staring, so I looked toward them. Garrett pouted his lower lip and Pat gave me his puppy eyes. I sighed and looked over John.

“It’s okay if you wanna sleep with them,” he said.

“If I sleep between them, during the night I would be rolling over and over again because I know they would be pulling me,” I replied as I snuggled closer to him.

He laughed lightly. “Of course, you’re our favorite,” he said after putting away the book he was reading.

He wrapped his arms around me, bringing me closer to him. By this time, the lights were already switched off by Pat. I could hear Pat and Garrett were fighting over a blanket, but then Kennedy threw them a pillow and told them to shut up because Neyla was already asleep.

I was slowly falling asleep too, and before I was fully asleep, I heard John whispering, “Good night.” And I felt he kissed my forehead.

- - -

I was waking up to whispers and mutters. I didn’t open my eye and kept my ears listening to the conversation.

“They’re so cute. Why isn’t John asking her to be his girl yet?” Pat.

“No one knows the reason, Pat.” Kennedy.

“But – but, they’re like so cute! If John doesn’t ask her, they’ll be like, friends with benefits!” Pat again.

“Hey, it’s not your problem if they’re FWB or not.” Garrett.

“It is! They’re my friends.” I could sense Pat was pouting.

I couldn’t stand acting if I was sleeping anymore, so I stirred.

“Shit, she’s waking up! Turn on the TV!” Garrett said and I heard someone turned on the TV.

I opened my eyes and saw they were all watching Spongebob on TV, acting as if they weren’t doing anything besides that.

“Oh, she’s awake!” Kennedy said. I was awake for the whole time, you moron.

I yawned as I sat back and looked around. “What time is it?”

“10.”

I widened my eyes. “SCHOOL!” I shouted, making John snapped open his eyes.

“We’re skipping,” Garrett said coolly as he munched a chocolate chip cookie.

John sat up next to me and rubbed his eyes. As I told before, he looked so cute with his bed face.

“We ditch school too much, guys,” I said.

“I know, Mom,” Pat rolled his eyes. I grabbed the pillow I was sleeping on and threw it at him. It hit the back of his head.

“Don’t you roll your eyes at me, young man!” I scolded.

“Alright, Mom,” he muttered and John chuckled next to me.

I turned my head to look at him and found he was smiling at me sleepily with his head on his palm.

“Morning, cupcake,” he muttered.

“Morning, cupcake,” Pat mocked.

“Oh, good morning, handsome,” Garrett replied with mockingness too.

“How are you doing in this lovely morning?” Pat said, now with a failed British accent.

“I’m doing pretty fine and I just want you to know that you look so hot in your bed hair.”

I grabbed another pillow and threw it at Garrett.

“Oww,” he whined, holding his head.

I got up and went straight to the kitchen. There, I saw Neyla was sitting on the counter while sipping a warm liquid in the mug.

“Morning, Daphne,” she chimed before taking another sleep.

“Morning,” I replied as I took out a glass and poured some apple juice into it and sat next to her. I stared at her.

“What?” she asked, looking back at me.

“I’m just wondering.” She gave me a ‘go on’ look. “Last night,… why were you exchanging smiles with—“

“I am hungry!” Pat shouted in a sing-song voice as he got into the kitchen and started rummaging through the fridge.

“Shut up, Pat,” Neyla said. “What was it, Daph?” she asked.

I shook my head. “Never mind.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Man, that was close to reveal the mystery man. I don't wanna spoil the fun ;D