Status: Finished.

Rollercoaster Ride

You Be The Queen & I Be Your Clown

I was in the rooftop again. I had been doing this a lot since Morgan came and visited our school every day.

It was just nice being alone and having wind blowing around you and the sky was clear blue above you with white clouds floating. It was really nice.

I finished my hot dog and lay on my back with my arms folded beneath my head. I closed my eyes to relax and listen to my surroundings.

I was close to falling asleep when the door clicked open and 2 pairs of feet walking toward me. I could feel both of them were taking a seat next to me, staring. I opened my eyes and found Garrett and Neyla.

“What?” I asked.

“What’s up with you lately?” Garrett asked. “You look so silent lately.”

I chuckled. “I’m hoping someone else is asking me the question, but thanks for worrying,” I mumbled.

“…John?” Neyla asked; unsure.

“You think?” I sat up and sighed.

“Morgan and John are just friends, Daph,” Garrett explained.

“That’s what YOU think.”

He opened his mouth to say something, but Neyla slapped his arm, preventing him from saying a word.

“You don’t know how to talk to her,” she hissed at him.

“I know her longer than you do and you stopped contacting her for 3 years!” Garrett hissed back.

“But I know her insides more than you do!”

“If you guys are gonna talk about me, don’t do it in front of me,” I stopped their argument.

“Oh, yeah, right,” they both said nervously.

Awkward silence for 15 seconds.

Neyla started, “Daph, you know John doesn’t like her—“

I cut her off sarcastically, “Tell me about it.”

“You suck,” Garrett blurted.

My eyes darted off to see his eyes. They were green right now.

“I am what I am, love it or leave it,” I snapped.

Garrett hesitated, looking back into my eyes. “I say leave it,” he sighed before standing up, picking up his backpack along with him before he walked away from us.

Neyla changed looks to me and to Garrett, confused of what she would do. I stared at her. She stared at me, biting her lower lip. I looked away, staring into space.

“I’ll see you on PE later on,” I said without making an eye contact.

She hesitated before I heard her sighing and left me alone.

I just want to be alone, is it wrong?

Neyla
“Garrett!” I called, running down the stairs to catch him up. I saw his back and he was walking down the empty stairs. The stairs in this part of the school were the emptiest. “Garrett!” I called again; this time he stopped. He leaned on the railing, staring at his shoes.

“Garrett,” I called again, softer this time as I approached him.

He pulled my wrist and hugged me. “I don’t know what’s wrong with her, Ney,” he said into my hair. “I know what people think about me: I’m cold, I’m careless, I’m mean, but I care about her.”

“Garrett,” I sighed, wrapping my arms around his waist and leaned my head on his chest. “We all know that. We all know that deep inside you, you’re one of the best people in the whole wide world.”

“You’re just saying that.”

“I’m not!” I pulled away only to look at his eyes. His eyes were the prettiest thing I had ever seen; at some time they were green, but some time they were also blue. This time they were blue. “I’m not just saying that,” I muttered. “You really are a great man, and that’s why I fall for you in the first place.”

He stared into my eyes and held my cheek. “You may fall for me and I may be staying in your heart, but I’m not having the first place,” he whispered before leaning in to peck my lips.

I didn’t answer and laid my head on his chest again as he began to stroke my hair.

“You know that but why do you still like me?” I asked.

“Because you’re a really great girl,” he copied me, chuckling a little.

“Bullcrap.”

He chuckled again and kissed my forehead.

“I feel guilty,” I said.

“Of this?” I nodded against his chest. He sighed. “I know I’m wrong for suggesting this in the first place, but I can’t help it. If you wanna stop this—“

“Don’t.”

I’m such a selfish prick.

He sighed again. No longer after he sighed, the bell rang. “Well I guess I have to see you later,” he bent down to kiss me. When he was about to pull away, I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“A few minutes late wouldn’t get us into trouble,” I muttered, smirking. He smirked back before kissing me again with his hands on my waist.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mystery man revealed. There.

I can't stop listening to AAR's latest album these days. And Jasey Rae keeps on playing in my head.

I love the line that Daphne said - "I am what I am, love it or leave it."