Status: Finished.

Rollercoaster Ride

Nothing Left Inside

Ever since that day, Kennedy had been locking himself in his room. Back in the middle school when he just broke up with his girlfriend back then he was doing the same thing. He only came out for school and locked himself for the rest of the day. I never knew when he ate, but in the morning some foods were gone so I guess he ate when I was sleeping.

He was silent at school and let me drive back home and to school. He never said a word and when I talked to him he only shrugged, nodded or shook his head in response. It was starting to make me worried but he wouldn’t let me in. I just hoped he wasn’t doing anything stupid.

It was a week since Kennedy was doing it. As usual, he immediately went out of the car when I parked it in the driveway and rushed into his room.

The others would like to hang out later on today. I didn’t care if Garrett or Neyla or both of them would come or not; I just needed some company since Kennedy’s behavior made me feel like I had the house for myself.

They basically barged into the house since they knew where the front door key was kept. I heard some noises downstairs; Pat’s voice being the most audible. I got up from my bed and went downstairs, hoping that the kitchen wasn’t ruined yet. The first thing they usually headed for was the kitchen.

Downstairs, the TV was already on and Pat was watching with a bag of chips, dominating the sofa and looking pissed.

Someone pressed a cold glass against my cheek and I jumped, and then turned around to see who it was.

“Hey,” John smiled as I took the glass of Sprite from him.

“Hey,” I replied. “What happened?” I asked, motioning towards Pat who I noticed was being Rat Boy when he entered the house.

John shrugged. “I didn’t go with them so I didn’t know what happened, but Jared said Pat’s dog was chewing his favorite childhood doll when they were going to leave.”

I laughed. “He’s such a kid.”

“I know.” He kissed my forehead and went over Pat and then sat on his legs. Pat kicked him off and before John landed on the floor he pulled Pat’s arm so both of them were now on the floor. I shook my head at them. Retards.

I turned around and met Garrett’s blue eyes. I spontaneously twitched my nose.

“Oh. You’re here,” I muttered.

“Neyla and I just wanna talk to your brother and then we’ll leave.”

“Go ahead, no one’s stopping you. Actually – the sooner the better,” I said coldly and walked toward the kitchen, joining Jared making sandwich.

Neyla
“Come on,” Garrett said, pulling my hand. I followed him upstairs and we ended in front of Kennedy’s bedroom door.

“Let me,” I muttered. He moved next to me. My heart raced as I brought my fist to knock. “Kennedy?” I called.

No answer.

I tried again.

Still no answer.

Garrett and I exchanged looks. I decided to move my hand to the door knob and my heart raced even faster as I turned it. The door wasn’t locked and somehow I didn’t feel something was right.

Kennedy was lying on his stomach on the bed. Again, Garrett and I exchanged glances before I walked inside.

“Kenny?” I whispered, shaking him. I kept on shaking him but he didn’t wake up. I rolled him over and I noticed his breathing was barely audible. My fingers started to shake as my eyes found an empty medicine bottle and a white paper and some white powder near it on the nightstand.

“Oh my god,” Garrett muttered and then I heard him running downstairs. “CALL 911!!” he shouted and kept repeating.

“Kennedy?” I whispered, bringing my hand to his face. “Kennedy, wake up.” He didn’t budge. “WAKE UP!” I screamed.

“KENNEDY!” I heard Daphne shouting and ran into the room. She brought him close to him as she wet his shirt with her tears.

The rest was a blur to me.

Daphne
We had spent hours sitting in the hospital, waiting for the results. A doctor came out from the room Kennedy was in. He turned to see us, and then he asked, “Is any of you a relative?”

I stood up. “I’m his sister,” I answered as I walked over him.

“Would you tell me what happened?” he asked.

“He locked himself in his room for a week and I didn’t want to force him to tell me what he was doing, so I let him be. Earlier today our friends went inside his room and he was already unconscious,” I answered again, trying not to break down. I had been crying in the ambulance to the hospital, my hand never left Kennedy’s.

“Well, he’s lucky because your friends decided to walk in. If you were late even for two minutes, I’m not sure if he would survive.”

I nodded. “When will he be awake?”

“I’m not sure. It may take days, weeks, or even months. He can be visited now.” The doctor tapped my shoulder and walked away. My eyes darted to the open door, to see Kennedy’s body lying on the bed.

Was she even worth for this, Kennedy?
♠ ♠ ♠
surprise, this is my favorite chapter! yes I sound evil but I don't know I really like it.