Status: Finished.

Rollercoaster Ride

Always Looking for a Joy Ride

Later on that night, I was in the family room, sitting on the sofa in the middle of Kennedy and John. The empty pizza boxes were lying on the coffee table along with some DVDs. We ordered like one large pizza and one medium. I only ate 2 slices from the large one, and the boys ate the rest. Yes, including the medium pizzas. Pigs.

So Free Willy was playing on the screen. I was cuddling with John and I could see from the corner of my eye Kennedy had fallen asleep. I laid my head on John’s shoulder and listened to his heart beat. It relaxed me.

“Are you going to stay for the night?” I asked.

“I do you want me to?”

I nodded. “Tomorrow’s Saturday and it’s late already.”

“Alright, I’ll text my brother later on.” He placed his hands on my waist and my head and started stroking my hair. It was so comforting whenever he did that.

I heard him singing a song; couldn’t get a hint of what it was. Maybe his band’s new song? Anything it was, it was really good. Maybe it was because he was the one who sang? Whatever the reason was, I was sure it made me sleepy by each word he sang. But not because it was a boring song. No.

- - -

My eyes fluttered open as the sun shone all over my bedroom through the window. I squinted my eyes as I tried to remember what happened last night. All I could remember was that I fell asleep to John’s song, and that was it. Who brought me here?

I sat up, yawned and rubbed my eye. My eyes darted off to the clock on the wall, it said 9.21. I yawned once more and then headed to the bathroom to wash my face and brushed my teeth. I stared at my reflection in the mirror – shitness, it looked like I had sex hair.

I grabbed the nearest hair comb and immediately ran it through my bed hair. After I was done, I skipped downstairs as I heard some laughter in the kitchen. I entered and to my surprise, all the boys were here. Except John.

“Good morning Daphne!” Pat sang loudly.

“Morning Pat,” I replied as I walked pass Garrett who was eating cereal and messed his hair.

I went to Kennedy who was cooking. I laid my head on top of his shoulder and watched as the sunny egg made cracking noises. “Is that for me?”

He stared at me and stuck his tongue out. “Make your breakfast yourself.”

“Meany,” I pouted.

Then I rummaged through the cupboards to see if there was anything interesting to be eaten this morning. Pop tarts, pop tarts, pop tarts – hey why there were like, 5 boxes of Pop Tarts?! Ugh, didn’t matter.

I found bread, so I took 2 slices and buttered one side each and put it on the toaster. As I was waiting for it to be toasted, I went to the refrigerator to get a box of apple juice, took a glass from the cupboard and poured the juice into it.

I turned around and no one else but me and Kennedy in the kitchen. Heeey, I didn’t hear the boys left!

“They’re in the backyard, swimming I think,” Kennedy said, as if he heard my mind speaking.

And then I saw John entering the kitchen. He looked so cute with his bed hair and sleepy face. “Morning John,” I greeted.

“Morning,” he replied and bent down to kiss my forehead.

If Kennedy wasn’t here in the kitchen, we’d look like a couple of newlyweds.

…Funny, Daphne.

“Stop smooching my sister!” I heard Kennedy yelled from the stove.

“I only gave her a good-morning peck,” John defended himself as he approached Kennedy. “Is that for me?”

“Why are people asking if the breakfast I’m making for myself is for them?” Kennedy muttered.

“I’m the guest who slept over last night.”

“I didn’t invite you. Make your own breakfast.”

“Yeah, make your own breakfast, John,” Jared said as he entered the kitchen with his wet hair. “Even Garrett made himself a breakfast.”

“He only ate cereal,” I piped in.

“Before that he made a sandwich and ate 2 slices of Pop Tarts,” he said.

“Rubber stomach much?” I commented as I heard the breads inside the toaster popped.
♠ ♠ ♠
I need ideas of how Neyla and Daphne be best friends again!! Anyone has an idea?