No One Knows

Heaven

Billie Joe's heart pounded with excitement and anticipation as Jessie led him up the stairs and they crept across the landing to his bedroom.

Once the door had closed behind them, they stopped in the center of the room and stared at one another. The frantic pace at which they'd got to this point suddenly stopped, leaving a strange tension in the air at the realization of what they were about to do.

He wanted this. There was no doubt in his mind about that. He was desperate for her. So why the hell could he feel nerves in his stomach? He'd done this before, even done this with Jessie before, he knew the deal. But this felt different to the other times, and he didn't know why. What he did know, was that if he was feeling this way, Jessie must be feeling it too, and worse. After all, she'd only done this once before and, though he hated to think it, it probably hadn't been that great, first times and all.

Taking a breath, he stepped closer to Jessie again and cupped her face in his hands, before leaning in and kissing her slowly, pulling her close against him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back, relishing in the feel of his tongue against hers, and the way his teeth felt against her lip. The butterflies in her stomach were going crazy with nervous excitement as she allowed him to walk her backwards towards the bed, somehow laying her down on it and climbing up over her without once breaking their kiss.

They picked up their pace again surprisingly quickly, as their kisses became deeper and hungrier. Jessie pulled Billie Joe's shirt over his head and threw it to the floor, placing her hands on his smooth chest and running her fingers down to the waistband of his jeans, which she toyed with for a while as he moved his lips from her mouth to under her jaw. She let out a quiet moan as she felt his tongue against her neck.

"Shh... " he whispered, smiling, into her ear, "We're gonna have to be quiet about this... okay?"
"Okay," she whispered back, as he tugged off her own shirt, kissing her again frantically after each agonizing break that that the removal of each item of clothing was causing to their kiss.

Stripped down to their underwear, Billie Joe propped himself up on his elbows, a hand either side of Jessie's face as he kissed her passionately, his breathing becoming shallow as her hand slid past the waistband of his boxers.

"Oh God... " he whispered into her ear, "I want this so bad... please... "
"I can tell," Jessie smirked, kissing him again as she slid his boxers over his hips and he quickly saw it through that she became as naked as he was.
"Fuck, you're beautiful," he breathed into her ear, causing her face to break into a smile as he kissed every part of her that he could find, making her shiver at every touch.

Jessie bit her lip as Billie Joe continued to explore her body with his hands, his lips and his tongue, until she couldn't take the anticipation any more and she pulled him back into a breathless kiss.

"I need you," she whispered.

He smiled and nodded and kissed her again, taking her hand and interlacing their fingers as he entered her, and they both let out soft groans of satisfaction that they didn't think to stifle. Jessie gasped as he started a slow pace, kissing him deeply, one hand in his and the other tugging at his hair. This was so much different from last time, and so much better. There was no pain here, this was all pleasure. A lot of pleasure. The way he was breathing into her ear was driving her crazy, and she couldn't hold back from pulling him into another deep kiss.

She ran her fingers down his smooth back until she reached his ass, pulling him against her, closer, deeper. He covered his mouth with hers as she let out a cry. She never would have thought it would be possible for sex to feel this good.

Jessie suddenly surprised Billie Joe by taking control, flipping them both over so that she was above him and pinning him underneath her. That's when he decided this was far too good to be true. He couldn't believe this was really happening and he resisted the urge to pinch himself. He pulled her face closer to his and kissed her furiously as she moved against him, before rolling her back over so that he was on top once again.

The slow pace had been sexy, but he couldn't keep it up. He was far too worked up now for taking things slow. She whispered his name into his ear as the pace quickened, biting a little on the skin of his collarbone as she placed her hands on his narrow hips, pulling him impossibly deeper. Watching his flushed face and the intense pleasure in his eyes, she didn't think she had ever seen him look so amazing. She knew she wasn't going to be able to take much more of this.

Taking his hot face in her hands, she pulled him into another feverish kiss in an attempt to quieten him as he neared his climax, but she was unable to swallow the delicious cry that escaped him, sending her right over the edge. Billie Joe let out a small groan of satisfaction as his body went limp with exhaustion and they collapsed into a torrent of heady kisses, sloppier now that they were both so drunk with satiation.

Billie Joe's breathing was ragged as he stopped to pull the covers around them both, gathering Jessie back up in his arms as they kissed again, and again, and again.

"Fuck... " he breathed, eventually, a smile playing on his lips.

Jessie giggled into his neck.

"I was thinking the same thing," she said, "That was awesome."

He grinned, happily.

"Awesome," he agreed, as they kissed again.

Jessie wrapped her arms around his waist, her head resting in the crook of his neck as they lay quietly, breathing heavily, entwining their fingers together. She could hear his heart racing in his chest.

"Was that better than last time?" he murmured into her hair.
"Yes," she grinned, "And maybe next time will be even better."

Billie Joe couldn't help his face from breaking into a goofy grin at the suggestion that there would be a next time.

"Now you're giving me a lot to live up to," he smiled.
"Yeah," smiled Jessie, bringing his fingers up to her lips, "But it'll be fun helping you live up to it."

He chuckled a little as he leaned across her and turned out the light, before pulling her close and kissing her.

"Can we sleep now?" he murmured, "I'm fucked."
"Heh. Literally."

Billie Joe laughed and kissed her again.

"Exactly," he said.

Jessie reached out to find his face in the darkness, then kissed him, before cuddling further into him and closing her eyes.

"Night Billie," she whispered.

He nuzzled his nose into her hair.

"Goodnight Jess."

The next morning, Jessie woke up alone. Blinking sleepily, she raised her head to see the empty space next to her and she frowned in confusion. Where had he gone? To the studio? She would have thought that, after last night, he would at least have woken her to say goodbye.

Lying in Billie Joe's bed by herself, it was easy for her to doubt that it had happened at all. Had it been a dream? She sat up in bed and smiled a little as she surveyed the room, recognizing her own clothes strewn about with Billie Joe's. It had happened. She felt suddenly uncomfortable with her nakedness and reached down to the floor to pick up his black Ramones shirt, which she pulled over her head before looking toward the door uneasily. Where the hell was he?

She heard footsteps on the stairs, and her heartbeat quickened at the thought that it could be Ollie. If she decided to walk in, it would be difficult to explain being in Billie Joe's bed wearing nothing but one of his t shirts.

Suddenly, the bedroom door opened. Jessie let out a breath of relief at the sight of Billie Joe, and her face broke into a smile when she saw that he was carrying a breakfast tray.

"Hey," he smiled, "You're awake."

She nodded.

"I wondered where you'd gone."

Billie Joe sat down on the bed, setting the tray down next to him, and passed her a cup of hot coffee.

"I went to get breakfast," he needlessly explained, with a smug smile, "Check it - I made pancakes."

Jessie grinned, as she took a sip of her coffee.

"And they look like good pancakes. Since when do I get this kind of treatment?"

He smiled.

"I figured you deserved it," he said, "Yesterday was pretty tough, after all."
"It ended well."

Billie Joe smiled, getting under the covers again next to Jessie and leaning back , propped up against the pillows next to her.

"It definitely fucking ended well," he said, "So... pancakes. To celebrate."
"Okay... " Jessie smiled, "Where's your mom? I'm taking it she wasn't involved in the making of our celebratory pancakes."
"At work," smirked Billie Joe, "Free house."

Jessie grinned.

"I can tell already this is gonna be a good day."

It turned out Billie Joe was particularly good at making pancakes, and Jessie felt blissfully content sitting in bed having breakfast with him, and getting syrup all down his t shirt.

"Y'know... you're even more multi-talented than I thought," Jessie smiled, as he placed the empty tray down on the floor.

He grinned, pulling her into a syrupy kiss.

"I have all kinds of hidden talents," he smirked, kissing her again, making her giggle as he pushed her back down onto the bed, "And I think I could say the same about you."

Neither of them had any desire to get out of bed that morning, and two hours later they were still there. Jessie was cuddled up to Billie Joe with her head on his chest, while he ran his fingers through her hair

"What time did your mom leave for work?" Jessie asked, "She won't have noticed I wasn't in my room will she?"

Billie Joe shook his head.

"Nah, she left early. She won't have noticed a thing. Don't worry."

Jessie nodded.

"She won't have... heard anything will she?"

She felt him chuckle.

"I don't think so. We weren't that loud... "

She gave him a look, and he laughed.

"Seriously," he said, thumping the wall next to the bed with his fist, "These walls are pretty thick. I mean, its not like I ever heard anything when she and... " He trailed off. "I'm not going to finish that sentence."

Jessie made a face.

"I can't believe you even thought about finishing that sentence," she said.

"What d'you think she'd say if she could see us lying here like this?" she asked, after a few moments of silence.
"Probably something like... 'What the fuck Billie Joe'?"

Jessie smiled, as she traced little circles on his naked stomach with her finger.

"D'you think she'd really mind it?"

"I don't know. I don't think she'd like it. I think she'd probably say we were complicating everything when things are already complicated enough. And I'm pretty sure she wouldn't like all the sneaking around at night."

Jessie sighed.

"I just feel bad," she said, "I don't wanna do anything behind Ollie's back. She's been so good to me, Billie."
"I know," he said, softly, "But there isn't much we can do, because we aren't supposed to be doing this."

He rolled over onto his side and slid his fingers in between hers. She looked up into his eyes.

"We can either carry on as we are," he said, softly, "Or... we can quit all this and... just be friends again."

She smiled as she watched the nervousness in his green eyes.

"I don't want to quit it," she sighed, "And I don't think we're very good at just being friends."

He grinned.

"I don't wanna quit it either."

Unfortunately, Billie Joe and Jessie's wishes to spend the whole day in bed were thwarted by Mike, who called up and arranged an impromptu band practice, which Billie Joe couldn't think up a way out of.

"So how was it with Jessie?" Mike asked Billie Joe, as the three band mates went about setting up their stuff for practice.

Billie Joe's heart skipped a little at the question.

"Huh?"
"Yesterday... her stepfather?" Mike elaborated, slowly.
"Oh... " Billie Joe breathed, suppressing a sigh of relief, "Yeah... it was pretty tough for her but... he seemed like an okay guy, y'know. I think she's glad she met him."
"What did he say?" Tre asked, twirling his drumstick around his fingers.
"Well... we found out John hit her mom. That's why she left."

Mike and Tre's eyes widened.

"Holy fuck!" exclaimed Tre, "And she just left her kid with him?"
"Yeah," said Billie Joe, "But... I guess... she was scared. She knew if she took Jessie that John would come after her, I guess. And Richard said she never believed John would hurt Jessie. And he didn't, up till recently."
"Shit, man," said Mike, shaking his head, "How'd Jessie take all this?"
"She was pretty upset. But y'know, at least now she knows. And she's gonna stay in touch with Richard and Xander. Xander seemed like a pretty cool guy, anyway."
"Where is John anyways?" Mike asked, "Haven't the cops got him yet?"
"No," sighed Billie Joe, "I thought they'd get him right away but he must know he's wanted if he's managed to avoid them so far. I don't think he'd be dumb enough to bother us though. If he came over I'd hold him down and call the cops in a second."
"I'd like to help," said Tre, brightly, "And maybe give him a kick in the balls for good measure."
"Fucking bastard," spat Mike.

The practice went well, once they got around to it, but Billie Joe had trouble keeping his mind focussed, without it wandering to Jessie. It was pretty difficult trying to work on the music, when his mind was periodically overtaken by vivid flashbacks from the night before, and he hoped the blush that they brought to his cheeks went unnoticed.

Billie Joe was still at the studio when Ollie came back from work, eager to hear from Jessie how things had gone in Santa Barbara the day before. Jessie told her everything as they sat at the kitchen table, peeling vegetables for dinner.

"Sometimes it really frightens me how close I came to seeing that side of your father myself," said Ollie, quietly, after Jessie had finished talking.
"I'm... almost surprised you didn't," said Jessie, "But I'm very glad."
"So am I, Honey. And I'm glad you won't have to anymore either."

Jessie nodded, silently, concentrating on ridding the potato she was holding of its skin all in one spiralling piece.

"You know," she said, softly, "I don't know where I'd be if I hadn't had you to give me a home."

Ollie smiled.

"Well, we don't need to think about that, do we?" she said, "Because you do. And you still will, for however long you want to."

Jessie bit her lip.

"Billie Joe will move out after the summer... right?"
"We can always dream."

Jessie grinned.

"Are you sure you still want me hanging around this place after he's gone?"

Ollie smiled, looking up at Jessie.

"You think I'd want to live on my own? Come on, you're great company, Jessie. And its nice having another woman around. I'd love you to stay. You're family now."

Jessie nodded, wishing she hadn't added the last part. She loved that Ollie thought of her as family. She loved Ollie. But she couldn't think of herself as family to the Armstrongs. Not now.

"You know what time Billie's coming back?" Ollie asked Jessie, after a moment's silence.

Jessie shrugged.

"He's at the studio with Tre and Mike. I have no idea."
"You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they just move in there after they're done touring," Ollie smiled, wryly.
"Yeah," Jessie smiled, "It seems kinda dumb paying rent anywhere else when they'll be spending every waking moment there recording their album."

Ollie smiled, thoughtfully.

"You think this band's gonna work out, Jessie?"

Jessie nodded.

"I've seen them play. They're really good. And this Andy guy from Lookout just loves them."

Ollie smiled.

"I'm really happy for them," she said, "I'm the first to admit, I thought the band was going nowhere. Before you moved in, things between Billie and I weren't good at all. I was really worried about him dropping out of school and ... I know he thought I didn't have any faith in him. I was just so worried he was going to get into this rut of sitting on his ass all day smoking pot and doing nothing. But he hasn't."
"He's worked really hard at this band," said Jessie.
"I know he has," Ollie nodded, "And... I guess I never really realised just how talented he is. I'm really proud of him."

Jessie smiled. She was proud of him too.

Despite how bad Jessie felt sneaking around with Billie Joe behind Ollie's back, it obviously wasn't bad enough. The pair spent the rest of the week taking advantage of every moment they got alone and grew to expect visits from each other in the middle of the night, usually creeping back into their own rooms in the early morning, after lengthy and passionate goodbyes.

On Saturday afternoon, Ollie was at the restaurant, and Billie Joe was in heaven. Lying in Jessie's bed in a state of sleepy post-orgasmic contentment, he closed his eyes, a small smile playing on his lips as he lost himself in the feel of Jessie's fingers running through his hair.
"Don't stop," he whined, when she took away her hand.

Jessie giggled, cuddling closer to him and resting her head on his chest.

"My hand got tired."
"Lame... "

Falling silent again, they were suddenly startled by the sound of the bedroom door creaking open, and breathed sighs of relief when Henry hopped onto the bed.
"Since when did that damn cat work out how to open doors?" Billie Joe asked.

Jessie smiled, as Henry padded across the covers, lifting his paws to step carefully over their entwined limbs, before settling on Billie Joe's stomach.

"He's smart," she said, "And you can keep calling him a damn cat as long as you like, I know you love him really."
"Meh, he's okay," Billie Joe smirked.

He pointed a finger in Henry's face, making his yellow eyes blink in surprise.

"You'd better not tell anyone about this, Mister," he said, gesturing between himself and Jessie.

Jessie grinned

"I don't think he's the gossiping type."

Billie Joe smiled, running his fingers through a lock of Jessie's hair. He brought it up to the shaft of sunlight that was streaming through the blinds onto the bed, and marvelled at the way it almost sparkled.

"Jess," he said, suddenly, breaking their comfortable silence once again.
"Hmm?" she murmured.
"You know maple syrup?"

She giggled.

"Yes... "
"Well... you know when you put it on pancakes and it mixes up with the butter?"
"Yes... "
"That's what color your hair is. That's what it looks like."

Jessie lifted her head and grinned down at him. Her hair slipped from his fingers and he wrapped his arms around her waist. She kissed him on the lips.

"And yours looks like Gatorade," she grinned, and he smiled too as they kissed again.

"You know," said Jessie, reluctantly, "We should get dressed. Your mom will be back soon."
"Nooo," Billie Joe groaned, pulling her closer against him.
"Yes, Billie... " she sighed, kissing him once more before extracting herself from his arms and getting out of bed, disturbing Henry, who looked almost as unhappy about it as Billie Joe did.

Billie Joe rolled over onto his side and rested his head on his hands as he watched her get dressed, thinking how it really wasn't as appealing watching the clothes go in that direction. Jessie picked up his jeans from the floor and threw them at him. He sighed, kicking back the covers before beginning to dress himself.

"I wish we didn't have to do all this," he grumbled.
"Me too," said Jessie, "But... we knew when we got into this what we were signing up for. There's no use complaining about it now."
"Yeah, yeah... " he muttered, as they heard a knock on the front door.

Billie Joe frowned, thinking it was unusual for his mother to have forgotten her keys. Jessie groaned.

"I think that might be Freddy," she said, "I said he could come over sometime today, but I didn't really consider we might be finding better things to do on our own."

Billie Joe grinned, fastening his jeans and flopping back onto the bed.

"Ah, that's okay," he joked, "We can always ask if he wants to join in."

Jessie grinned and poked him in the ribs.

"Hey," she said, "When I said I was okay with you swinging both ways, that didn't mean I would be cool with inviting my friends over for orgies."
"Actually," said Billie Joe, seriously, "I think you'd call that a threesome. I'm pretty sure an orgy would be four people or more."

Off her look, he grinned and held up his hands in defense.

"Hey, I'm not speaking from experience here," he said, "... unfortunately."

There was another, louder knock at the door and Jessie sighed, kissing Billie Joe quickly before hurrying downstairs, leaving him hunting around the room for his shirt.

Jessie breathlessly pulled open the front door to see a young woman standing on the porch. She looked sort of familiar, though Jessie couldn't work out why, with dark curly hair and dark eyes, hauling an overnight bag behind her.

"Hey," she said, "Let me guess... You're Jessie, right?"

Jessie raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"Uh... yeah," she said, uncertainly, "... Who're you?"
"I'm Annie," said Annie, "And I've come to get my room back."