Goth Girl and Emo Boy

Chavians use Snakes

^Kayleigh's Pov^

We are training in the other Great Hall now, and it's so crowded.This Great Hall isn't so great-we're crammed in together. You've got Czaree and Scorpio practise Punkian powers, then you've got Glemius and Savannah calling animals into the hall and using witchy enchantments. And then there's me, Alex and Tarja, shooting razors and studs.

We're working on new powers-super cry, toxic blood, stuff like that. Alex is working harder than he has ever done. After training, he goes down to the fitness room, then comes back to practise more. I'm pretty sure he's got new powers that he's not telling us about, but he won't speak.

It's another day of training, and me and Alex are standing in front of the target board, ready to shoot.

" Kayleigh," Tarja says lazily, and I step forward. I hold my wrists out in front of me, curl my fingers back on my palm and squeeze. Five razors come out-three stick in, two miss.
" Good, good, " Tarja mutters. " Try to be quicker with the flick and squeeze action. And watch your direction-the slits are long."
I step back and let Alex step forward. He rolls the sleeves of his black shirt up, flicks his hair out of his eyes and shoots. It's so quick. One minute he's flinging his arms out in front of him and then all ten razors are sticking in the board.

" Good, Alex, " Tarja says. " Kayleigh, your turn."

I try again but the result is the same as last time. Then it's Alex's go and he shoots twelve razors, all of them landing on the target.I shake my head in disbelif.

" Can we move on, Tarja?" I ask. " What about super cry, or toxic blood?"

"It's basically the same. It's just target shooting," she sighs. " I must speak to Glemius. Carry on."

Alex rolls his eyes and absentmindly shoots razors.

" Tarja isn't looking, is she?" he hisses. I shake my head, and he grins.

" Cool. She doesn't know about my new powers yet."

He hisses, in a strange, weird language, and a snake slithers from the corner and winds up his body.

" Cool, eh?"

I blink, and watch as he hisses again. The snake obviously takes some offence and hisses angrily back. Alex hisses again, and the snake lunges at him.

" Alex!" I cry and shoot out my hands. Two razors come out, and cut the snake, so it drops to the floor, bleeding and wriggling.

" What was that?" Tarja yells, hurrying over. " Did you conjor that snake?"

Alex nods.

" Come with me, " Tarja glares, and Alex follows her down the corridor.

" Alex made that snake appear?" Savannah whispers, coming over. I nod.

"Really?"

" Yes. Why?"

" It's dark, really dark, and advanced. Chavians use snakes."