Goth Girl and Emo Boy

RIP Tarja

* Kayleigh's Pov*
* Around a week later*

Me, Alex, Savannah, Czaree and Scorpio are sitting around in the camp along with some soliders, when Tarja stumbles in, her head lolling against Aaronio's shoulder. Her clothes are torn, and she's gushing blood.

" Tarja! What happened to you?" I yell, jumping up. Aaronio lies her down and pulls away her cloak. There is a huge gash in her chest, bleeding softly. She whimpers in pain as he places a hand on the gash. His hand glows blue, and the blood vanishs from the gash.

" Emoians, " croaks Tarja. " Kayleigh, Alex....."

Alex and I lean closer.

" It was Chavians. They......they surprised me.......we need to attack........we need to......."

Her head slumps, she takes a deep shuddering breath and looks up again.

" Take the things from my bag.....they will help you.....and......and......"

" Yes, Tarja?"

" Find my children. Don't let them........live in hope......you've done me proud........win.........."

Her head slumps and her chest stops rising.

" Dead," Alex whispers, wiping a smear of blood from her mouth.

" The venom the Chavians injected. We're all allergic to it, but it was particually strong. It killed her slowly. We couldn't do anything," Aaronio tells us. He picks Tarja's frail body up and carries her to her small private room. He comes back out carrying a small sack.

Alex takes it from him and empties the contents-a silver box marked 'RAZORS', a small black book and a dangling silver and blue pendant. I open the book and a note falls out.

'F.L.M CAMP 2-Lacrymosa, Sonny and Lielkla.'

" Her children," sighs Aaronio. " Their camp here."

" What type of camp?" I ask. Aaronio's eyes darken.

" Concentration camps."

My blood runs cold and I freeze. Alex notices, and grips my hand.

Glemius and Tarja are dead.

It makes me think.....one of us are next.

That night, I can't sleep. I toss and turn and sigh.

" Kay?" comes a voice sleepily. " Kay?"

Alex comes into my ' bedroom' and sits on the floor next to me. I sigh.

" What's up, Kay? Are you Okay?"

" No way."

" What's up?"

" Tarja's dead, Alex!" I cry. " Tarja, our leader, is dead. I can't help it's one of us next. I'm scared for my life, Alex. I'm not Okay at all. I just want.........."

" I know," Alex whispers. "Come here."

I throw my arms around his neck and he pulls me onto his knee. His hair tickles my eyes and I push it back through my fingers.

" It's scary," he whispers. " But it'll soon be over."

" I know, but what if we........"

" Shush, Kay" he murmers. " Come on. Think happy thoughts."

I eventually go to sleep, singing Headfirst for Halos in my head.

Aaronio transports Tarja's body back and tells us the battle will start tomorrow. We train all day, and I stay awake all night, talking to Alex.

Think happy thoughts.