Goth Girl and Emo Boy

The Battle Part One

*Kayleigh's Pov*

I am standing on a hill, the wind teasing my black cloak. My fringe is blown out of proportion and I clutch my studded belt anxiously.

It's time.

I have all I need with me: daggers attached to my belt, a healing potion and several razors dangling from zinc chains. I am wearing Tarja's blue and silver pendant for good luck. I need all the luck I can get.

Alex is standing at my left, Savannah on my right and Czaree on her left. Czaree looks so scared, shaking in her combat boots. The violet spikes make her look even paler. Savannah just looks determined, though she is nibbling her bottom lip conciously.

Alex's figers drift over and tangle with mine. I hold them, look up at his face.It may be the last time I ever see it.

It may be th last time I see anything at all.

There is a whole army standing behind us-Gothians, Emoians and Punkians. They are standing behind me, lil town emo girl, but this isn't the time for pride.

Aaronio and Scorpio are sitting on two Gothian horses-big black creatures with ghostly wings, evil red eyes, snorting and kicking the ground. They are both clutching spears and swords. Aaronio's is engraved with th symbolds on the razors and I can't help but smile a little

"Look," hisses Alex, his hands trembling. "Here they come."

A huge army of Chavians are surging towards us. They stop, surveying us. They're horrible. Their skin is grey, puckered and old, and their eyes are stinging ruby. They all have two huge canine teeth, yellowing and dripping saliva, and are dressed in the regional tracksuits. As well as swords and daggers, they are carrying golf clubs, snooker cues and spray paint cans.

Leading the Chavian army is Adidasia, their leader. He is the ugliest of them all, sitting in a gold-plated chariot dragged by four Rottweilers. He simply stands, sneering at us. I bite my lip and wish I was anywhere but here.

"Well," Adidasia whispers in his heavily accented voice. "Go!"

Alex goes first, and we follow him into battle. We charge at each other.

A Chavian comes towards me, sword at the ready, and I shoot razors from my wrists. He drops to the floor and I hurry on.

I get side-tracked by a Chavian who pins me to the ground. He brings a dagger to my throat and I struggle, gasping......

Savannah comes over, riding the back of a wolf, and knocks him over.

"Thanks, Savvie," I gasp. She grins, grabs my waist and swings me up to the wolf. I grab hold of it's fur and we ride through the battle, swinging swords and shooting razors.

I get knocked off the wolf and fall to the floor. I lie in the mud, pretending to be dead and then look up.

I feel the breath catch in my throat as I see Aaronio crash to the ground, pouring blood.