Goth Girl and Emo Boy

The Battle Part Two

*Savannah's POV*

My wolf thunders through the battle, his soft grey paws hitting the floor at an outstanding pace. He snarls, showing his large, white teeth and knocks down anything in his path.

I swing my spear as I go, using my powers. A troop of Chavians block my way and I conjour a host of bats, pecking at them and drawing blood.

I am scared, pertrified, nervous but in an odd way, I'm excited. It feels as though I was born to do this. I feel proud as I lead an army of Gothians behind me-pale, dark haired creatures sitting astride Gothian horses. I try to ignore their bodies on the floor and concentrate on killing Chavians. All the anger, hurt and upset I've felt comes out. Chavs in the past have called out to me in the street, threw rocks at me.

Now it's my turn.

Kayleigh is battling with a Chavian and so is Czaree, sitting behind Scorpio on a Gothian horse, shooting spikes from her fingertips. Alex is no-where to be seen.

I hear an extra loud cry near me and twist round to see who it is. It's Alex, pale faced, staggering. A large, dark stain is seeping from his stomach and he takes in one jagged breath before falling backwards. The Chavian cackles but then is met with an Emoian spear. I get off my wolf and go over to Alex. He is losing a lot of blood.

"Alex! No, Alex, stay alive! We're going to get you to the medical tent, Okay?" I yell but his eyes roll. Beads of sweat are clinging to his face and his breath is slow and unsteady. I look for my wolf but it's gone. I need to get Alex away now. I get to my feet and drag him up, helping him balance.

This is practically suicide! my common sense screams as we start to cross the battle field. You'll get yourself killed all for an Emo boy!

For once in my entire life, I ignore my brain and start to walk. It's slow, hard work with Alex lolling against me and breathing shallowly.

We make it halfway unscathed, but then a Adidasa spots us. He doesn't bother to fight-he simply raises a pistol and shoots. Alex crumples underneath me, whimpering and sobbing.

"Ha," says Adidasa and then suddenly, nineteen razors come and slice into his neck. He falls dead on the floor and then Kayleigh is running, jumping over dead bodies.

"ALEX!" she screams. "ALEX!"

She drops to her knees and cradels his head in her hands. With a flick of her hand, she creates a force field around us.

"Alex," she whispers. "Stay alive, baby, come on. Stay alive."

Alex's eyelids flicker slightly and he smile, touching her hair.

"Burn Stake Barbie," he sighs. "One Four Three."

Kayleigh smiles through her tears but then a flicker of panic etchs across her face.

"Alex, come on. Keep breathing, Al. We'll get you to the tent....Al? Al?"

Alex stops breathing.

Kayleigh sobs, her whole body shaking.

"Don't cry," I say and she looks up, tear stained.

"Bring him back, Savvie. Bring him back!"

"I've never done a human before! I can't!"

"Try!"

I close my eyes, hover my hands over Alex's body and concentrate. I strain and strain but he remains dead.

"I can't," I whisper. "I'm sorry."

Kayleigh screams then. The force field bursts but she picks up Alex's body and carries him across the battle field, killing everyone in front of her.

My wolf comes back, pawing the ground. I climb on to him, and we thunder off into the storm