Goth Girl and Emo Boy

Alex Discovering Powers

Hey.
It's me, Alex. Emo boy and officially going mad.

I know I am-I mean, other people don't have magic powers, do they?

I told my mom, and she said I'd been watching too much Harry Potter. That's stupid-you can never watch too much Harry Potter, right? And I am not imagining it, because it has happened several times. I have a good imagination, but imagining stuff like this is for people on drugs. And I'm not, Okay?This is all too real.

It started off as a normal day-Mom in work, and my little sister Lucie at ballet lessons. I was at home alone, putting on my studded wristband. I clipped it on and it shot studs out of it and smashed the small mirror on my wall.

I jumped a lot, and I went over and picked up the studs. They were sharp-really sharp, drawing blood. Scary. I dropped them in my bin, cleaned up the glass and put the wristband under my bed.
Normal enough.
Not really.
It got worse. Weird stuff started happening.
I shot razors from my wrists.

I was just slipping on a sweatband-not studded wristband-and these razors just came out of nowhere, and fell onto my floor. I took the sweatband off, put it away, examined the razors. They were silver, sharp, with strange symbols engraved on the side-seven of them. There was a razor, a fringe, a studded belt, a converse, a pair of thick-rimmed glasses, a CD and what looked like an eye heavily out-lined. I hid the razors, knowing my mom would go mad if she found them. It was weird. Sometimes, razors just come from my wrists randomly, and I gathered them up. They all had the same symbols on them, the same word.

I just wanna know why all this is happening to me. I am just me, Alex Melling, average teenage boy with a black emo fringe, tight jeans and a little sister who laughs at my clothes. I am normal, living in a flat with my mom and sis, cos my dad left when I was ten. I don't want these powers-they just sorta happened.

And I'm the only one.
There's nobody else out there like me.
Right?