Goth Girl and Emo Boy

Coming Together

*Author's POV*

Somebody hurried down the corridoor, long black cloak billowing out behind them. They didn't bother to take in the amazing building-stone archs with huge stained-glass windows that displayed images of great Gothian leaders. The floor was cool marble, and a big oak door soon came into view. They pushed open the door and stepped into a breath-taking room. It was all black, with a long black table in the centre. People sat either side of the table, all wearing black cloaks, hoods pulled over their heads. At the top of the table was a huge carved black chair. Sitting in the chair was an old, old man. He had long black hair pulled back into a ponytail, and he too was wearing a black coak, yet his hood was pulled down, revealing a pale face and dark eyes. He indicated a chair by him, and the person sat down.

" Now we're all here," started the old man. " We have been faced with a crisis, my loyal Gothians and Emoians. A crisis, we all knew was going to happen some day."

He stood up, and looked down the table.

" As you all know, many years ago, the Chavians invaded our lands and took over our people. Now, our leader-"

" Our leader?" sneered somebody from the other end of the table. They stood up and pulled down their hood. It was a woman, much younger than the man, with a crude expression on her pretty face. Her dark eyes flashed with anger, almost hidden by the dark sweeping fringe. " Glemius, she was not our leader. We Emoians have our own leader-" the woman swelled with pride. " And she promises to stand by her people."

" Tarja, I fully know that you are the leader of the Emoians," sighed Glemius. " But I thought we agreed-"

" We didn't agree. You merely clicked your fingers and we followed," Tarja snapped. She moved slightly, and a flash of a studded belt glinted tightly from her waist." Your Leader died, and I really don't see how that has anything to do with us."

" We have both been over-powered by the Chavians. We must work together," Glemius said. " We all want to go back to our lands, Tarja. Surely you want to see your children?"

Tarja's face softened slightly-her children had been captured and held hostage by the Chavians, and the only way to free them was to claim back their power.

" We must unite," Glemius continued. " I know our people have had differences right from the start, but let's set a new example for the next generation and pull together. I have a plan to do so."

Tarja snorted slightly, folded her arms and muttered something under her breath.

" We need two new Leaders," Glemius said. " For the Gothians and Emoians."

" Hang on-" Tarja started to say but an elderly man on the Gothian side of the table interrupted.

" Tarja, you know the Emoians have never had a true leader-every Emo for it's self, I believe. I know you are acting it, but really you are simply a spokeperson."

" Tarja is our first leader and must be treated like a goddess," came a voice from the Emo side of the table, cheers following. Tarja bowed, but was once again interruped-this time by the person who had arrived last.

" I thnk we should hear Glemius's plan first. New Leaders sounds like a good idea."

" Thank you, Lykla," Glemius said. " Yes, I have a plan to search for two new leaders-Gothian and Emoian. I have also searched for some assistants, and I seem to have found them."

" Wait! You hatched this plan without telling us!" declared an Emoian, standing up angrily. His hood fell down, showing a black glossy mop with a fringe that skimmed his high cheek bones. " That is most unfair, Glemius! Shame on you!"

" Silence, Aaronio," Tarja ordered. " Carry on, Glemius."

Glemius went from the table, and carried a huge glass goblet over. He set it on the table, the contents silvery. He put his hands on it, and an image flashed up. Everybody crowded round, desperate to see it.

" Lead Gothian," he demanded, his voice high and cold. A smooth image appeared, of a black-haired girl sitting on a swing, talking to a glossy black rabbit. Tarja and Aaronio snorted.

" She looks like a strong leader, Glemius. Very weepy."

" This," Glemius informed,ignoring them. " Is Savannah Black. She is a normal teenager, yet she has her own powers. She has only discovered one-talking to Gothic creatures."

A fresh image was conjured-a boy with black emo hair and a pierced lip, studying a razor. It had strange symbols on it, and Aaronio breathed:

'Emoian anicent symbols!'

" This is Alexander Westwood, the Emoian Leader," Glemius said. " To join Miss Black, and their helpers are Miss Kayleigh Kerr and Miss Czaree Madden. They will discover their powers and meet to help save us."

" You're lying your hope in a couple of emotional teenies?" Aaronio laughed. " Oh, Glemius, you really have lost it!"

The room slowly emptied, apart from Glemius and Lykla. Lykla watched Glemius carry the goblet away.

" I have to," he whispered. " I have faith."