Green Day's Grammy Adventure

The Good, Happy News

Tre’s POV

“BILLIEEEE!” I shouted outside in front of his house. I soon heard someone opened the window.

“What’s the matter, Tre?” Billie asked, still half asleep. It’s seven in the fucking morning, and I have only had about five hours of sleep.”

“Just open the door and I’ll explain it to you,” I said eagerly. I couldn’t wait to tell him the good news!
Finally, the door opened and presented Billie in all his glory: with purple bags under his eyes and wearing only a pair of boxers.

“So, Tre, wanna tell me what’s going on?”

“Sure,” I answered as I stepped into his house. ”Do you remember our nomination for best rock band?”

“Yeah, what about it?”

“Well, I’ve just found out the results and… WE GOT THE AWARD!”

“WHAT THE FUCK!” Billie yelled. I’m pretty sure the entire neighborhood heard him. He was suddenly awake. “Are you fucking serious?”

“Yeah! And not only that… You wanna know where we will pick our award?”

Pick?” Billie looked at me with wonder. “Your vocabulary is getting bigger… What have you done, eaten the dictionary?”

“Whatever,” I quickly cut him off. “You’ve probably heard about the new ship, Titanic II?”

“Yeah…” and then he understood. “NO WAY! WE’RE GOING ON THAT SHIP? THAT’S FUCKING AWESOME!” and he began jumping around the house, screaming “WE WON! WE WON! WE ARE THE CHAMPIOOOOOOONS…” but then, Adrienne interrupted him.

“Billie, what on earth are you doing? You’re going to wake up the kids.”

He stopped, but the happiness on his face told everything. “Babe, we’ve got another award for American Idiot! And because of that we’re gonna go on that new ship!!”

“The Titanic II?” She whistled. “Well that’s big. Congratulations, you guys.”

“Thanks Adie,” I said. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m heading off to Mikey’s. He doesn’t know the good news yet.”

“Take your time,” said happy Billie. As I went, I heard him saying: “Now… where were we?”

I grinned and started up the engine. This was going to be a great month.