Green Day's Grammy Adventure

Bring Me… the Grammy?

“Yay! I loooove the Grammies!” I squeaked when the show was about to begin. We’ve already done the interview thingy and were now sitting with MCR and the rest of the people in the Grammy Hall.

“We know, we know…” Billie said. “Now be a good boy and be quiet.”
I did as I was told.

“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen,” the voice from… somewhere… started. “Your tonight’s host will be… captain William Richard Green!”

Wow, the little captain’s gonna do the talking? Cool!
He stepped to the mike and started with a “Good evening” and stuff.
“Wow, there are loads of people here!” he said. I smirked. I wonder what he would say if he’d be on that stage in Milton Keynes, in front of 65 000 people.
Well, the show and everything was going on nicely…

Mike’s POV
Wow, this show is cool so far!

“And now,” the captain said into the mic, “the Grammy for the outstanding album in the past years goes to...”

Hehe, what a name for an award. Billie’s face was now happier and Tre squeaked.

“Green Day and their album American Idiot!”

YAY! THAT’S US!!! I happily stood up along with my fellow band mates and went to the stage. Tre was happily dancing and Billie was still smiling.
The captain congratulated us and gave us the statue. I raised it high and the crowd cheered. Billie did the talking.

“Wow, we’ve got loads of people to thank to… Rob Cavallo, who’s been with us for so long… and the others who were working on this album… and to our fans…” etc.
After we went back to our seats I heard that Gerard squeaked.

“Aww, you shouldn’t have,” Tre joked.

“Huh?” Gerard was confused. “Noo… Guess who’s gonna play right now!”

“Uh huh…” I grinned and began singing quietly. “Gee and Amy… sitting in the tree…”
He gave me an evil look and I stopped.

As you may guessed already, Evanescence has now taken the stage, playing “Bring Me To Life”. I don’t really know why was Gee making such a big thing about it, but yeah… whatever… he sometimes acts like Tre, and that explains a lot.

The song was nice, but then, on the half of it…
Something squeaked… and no, it wasn’t neither Gerard neither Tre.
And then, everything turned black.
But I didn’t pass out.