Green Day's Grammy Adventure

“The Little Incident”

All I could saw around me was dark. People mumbled, some of them even screamed. Amy’s voice echoed around the hall.

“It’s Titanic all over again!” someone screamed in fear.

But I wasn’t so convinced about that.

“Billie? Tre?” I asked.

Billie’s POV
“Yeah, Mike?” I said back.

“Do you think they have some sort of backup electricity?”

“You mean power generators?” Tre added.

“Yeah, I think…”
In that moment when Billie spoke again, the lights turned back on.
“…they have.”

Everyone sighed in relief as the captain returned to the mic. He seemed clearly confused.

“Uhm… We’re sorry for this… little incident… We don’t know surely why was the electricity gone, but I can assure you we have enough power to go even around the world.” He silently laughed. “And the ship is NOT going to sink. Nothing serious happened, so don’t worry because we have it under control. And now, if you agree, we can continue with the show.”

Many people cheered and agreed. In the meantime, Amy and the others from Evanescence had already left the stage.
The rest of the show continued without any trouble.

There was an afterparty and Tre eagerly wished to go, so I decided I would keep him commpany there. If he went alone… God knows what would happen.

Mike said he won’t go; he said he’s not in the mood to party. I was surprised a little, but I didn’t want to argue… maybe he wanted to visit his “lady”.

I grinned and went with Tre to the party, while Mike turned to the hall exit.