Green Day's Grammy Adventure

Who Are YOU??

Mike’s POV

I can’t figure out why could be the captain so worried. I mean, the lights turned off, they turned them back on and that’s it. I don’t know where the catch is.
I sighed and shrugged. I’m not gonna play a detective… I decided to visit Becky. Dunno why, though. I just wanted.

I was already in front of her door when I heard footsteps coming. I instinctively stepped to the nearest photo and pretended it’s horribly interesting. Soon after, someone came and stepped next to me.

“A beautiful photo, isn’t it?” the person asked me. I turned around and was slightly surprised to see the young captain.

“Yup, it is,” I answered, stared back at the photo and thought about Becky.

This is a real photo of the infamous grand staircase, I read beneath it. Its beauty was seen in the lovely shape of the stairs, warm colors of the wood and the ceiling made of glass, through which the sun shone and showed its real beauty.

“Wait… isn’t this staircase on this ship, too?” I remembered.

“Yup. I already told the first day that the ship was based on its ancestor ship. So some rooms are as same as on Titanic. And the majority of these photos and items on the corridor are originals. Some are even from the Titanic, so that makes them very valuable.”

“Wow. That’s cool,” I stated.

“Yeah, it is.” He noticed the statue in my hands. “By the way, congratulations on the award!”

“Oh, thanks,” I smiled. I heard that sentence a thousand times and I still wasn’t tired of hearing it. We talked more about some random stuff when he suddenly remembered something and took a small thing from his pocket.

“I promised myself to give this to the first Grammy winner I’ll see,” he explained. “And well… that person is you.” He smiled and opened his hand. He was holding a little iron box. I looked at him in surprise.

“It’s an old matchbox of mine… it used to bring me luck, but now I guess I don’t need it any more… I’m here, where I’ve always wanted to be, doing what I’ve always wanted to do… so here ya go.”

“Are you sure you won’t need this any more? I mean, if it brought you luck…” I said in doubt.

“I’m perfectly sure. Really. Take it. It still has matches in it,” he said convinced of what he’s doing and put it in my hand.

“Well uhm…” I didn’t know what to say… the situation was a little funny. “Thanks."

“You’re welcome,” he smiled as he turned to leave. “And I hope it’ll bring luck to you too.”

He went and I quickly examined the matchbox. It was made of iron, and it was a little bigger than the usual matchboxes. I put it inside my shirt pocket and finally knocked on the door.
No answer…

I sighed. She must be at the party. Maybe I’ll write her a letter or something, I thought when suddenly the lights in the hall went out.

“What the…?” I loudly commented. Great. Electricity was gone again… now I could use those matches.

Wait…

I listened harder.

I heard the music from the party.
So there was electricity…

And here wasn’t.

Man, they have some serious problems with the lights here! I turned and slowly walked to where my room could probably be. I thought I was almost there…
When I bumped into a man.
The statue I was holding fell down on the floor.

“Watch out, you freak,” the person said, rather annoying.

“You watch yourself,” I mumbled and tried to find the statue and get to the door.

“Just watch out and go back to work,” he snapped.

What the…? What work? I was wondering what this person was doing here…
”Are you coming or not?” he snapped again.

Shit. What am I supposed to say now?
“Uhm… dunno… probably….”

Probably? Who the fuck are you? Are you with the Black team?”

“With WHO?” I quickly asked, not even knowing what I was talking.

I heard him mumble something like “Shit, he’s not with us.”

He moved and suddenly, everything went even blacker as it already was.