Green Day's Grammy Adventure

Mission: Started

IN THE MORNING

I woke up, still a little worried. Tre was snoring like hell in his bed, but Mike’s bed was empty again. And still no note. Why the fuck is he gone again? Like if he was trying to avoid us. I called him on his cell, but his phone was on his bed table. Great, I thought. Did he maybe sleep over that chick’s room? But he’s not a person who would do that so… soon.

I let Tre sleep and went out – I needed breakfast. As I was closing the door I saw a woman looking at the photos on the wall. I instantly remembered who she was. It was the drawer girl that Tre liked!

“Excuse me..” I said, as I was stepping to her. She turned around. “Hi, I’m Billie, Tre’s friend…” I quickly began. “I saw you and uhm… a friend of yours one morning at the dining hall…”

“Oh, you mean Becky?”

“I think. Anyway, I need to find her. Do you possibly know where her room is?”

“Yeah… It’s right next to yours, I think. She told me that.” She looked around. “Yup, right there,” she pointed to room door right next to ours.

“Great! Thank you so much.” I rushed to the door and knocked. Please, please, be in the room, I begged silently as I waited.
Finally the girl… I mean Becky… opened the door.
“Are you Becky?” I quickly asked.

“Why yes I am,” she answered politely.

“Hi, I’m Billie, Mike’s friend…” Why am I suddenly everyone’s friend?

“Ooh, I see.” She’s British, I can see that too.

“Yes, uhm… I was just wondering… Is maybe Mike here, at your place? I can’t him anywhere.”

“Ooh,” she said again. “I’m sorry, but I haven’t seen him since the first evening.”

“Shit.” I sighed and became even more worried. Something serious has happened to him, I was certain. But where is he?

“Maybe I could help you search him… or something?” she suggested.

“Wow, that’d be great! Thank you so much.”

“Okay. Just give me a minute to change.”

“Okay. I need a minute too. Be right back.”
I ran into my room and went to Tre, who was still sleeping. “TRE! GET UP!”

He got up in a millisecond and almost hit me with his head. “SHIT man, why are you waking me up so early?”

“It’s almost 10 AM, Tre! And Mike hasn’t showed up yet.”

“Oh fuck.” his headache seemed to be gone, ‘cause he was fully awake now. “We’re gonna search for him, right?”

“Right. And we’re gonna do it right now.”

“YES SIR!” Tre shouted, rose up from his bed and immediately hit his head into the wall.
“Ouch. Just… let me get some aspirins first.”