Green Day's Grammy Adventure

To Search… or Not to Search?

Tre’s POV

Billie was now shocked as hell. “Shit Tre… If all of this is true, then all those photos and stuff will be… replaced?”

Tre nodded. “And the originals would disappear on the black market or hang in collectors’ houses.”

“That’s… not great,” he concluded. Suddenly, something clicked in his brains. “Now WAIT a minute. I remember now… when the MCR boys were here the other night and we were all sleeping, I woke up in the middle of the night. And there was no electricity; not in the room and not in the corridor either! And Grammies! Everyone was in the hall, so the rooms were empty… and the corridors too.”

“Perfect time for the swapping.”

He seemed to get it, but Billie still had an issue. “But, considering all this… where is Mike?”

I shrugged. “That still stays a question. I wish I could know, but… I think he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.”

We both gulped.

“What should we do?” I asked.

“I don’t know… maybe we should tell someone,” Billie considered. I looked at him in surprise. He explained: “This is serious, Tre. Mike has disappeared and someone wants to make minced meat out of him and robbery of the year on this ship. We really should talk to someone with more authority.”

No, we should use all the time we have to find Mike. You know, he’s a fuckin’ celebrity, and people don’t mind if they get famous peeps out of the list. We should act now and start searching more before it’s too late.”

“Too late for WHAT?”

“For preparing a funeral!”

“Tre…”

“And if we would tell the captain or someone, they would just laugh at us and say, ‘Oh, these celebrities can remember such good pranks.’”

“Tre!”

“What?!”

“Be serious!”

“But I AM serious!”

“But I’m not taking you seriously!”

We were now staring at each other, speechless. I knew people wouldn’t take us seriously – there’re too many examples in our lives to prove it wrong. And besides, Billie and I know Mike better than anyone else here. AND there is a huge chance that he was kidnapped or hidden somewhere. If this would come out, the bad guys would probably try to… hem… make mincemeat out of him. Or should we say… “eliminate” him. The thought of that sent chills down my spine. We have to find him as soon as possible.

I looked into Billie’s eyes and said simply: “I’m going.”

I turned around and opened the door when Billie shouted “TRE! STOP!” I turned again, now facing crying Billie. “I don’t want to lose another best friend,” he sniffed. “I’m afraid enough and to spare. Mike’s gone, you’re just planning to go… I don’t want you to become minced meat.” I smirked. “And Mike too.”

“So, why don’t you just go with me to get some help?” I simply asked.

Billie raised an eyebrow. “Where? Who?”

“Well, who do you think we can trust?”

He thought a little, but quickly a great smile plastered on his face. “MCR.”

I nodded.

Billie was now overemotional and oversensitive, so he smiled even more, jumped to me and suddenly hugged me tight. “Goddamn fuck Tre, I love you,” I heard him say while he was trying to strangle me with his grip.

“I l-love you ttoo, Billie,” I said between breaths. “Now you c-can let me g-go…”

He loosened his hug and I took a deep breath.
“So, we’re off to MCR’s quarters?” Billie asked a little impatiently.

“No…”

”WHAT NOW?!”

“…we eat first.”

“And then we’re off to see the boys, right?”

"YES, BILLIE JOE. We are."