Green Day's Grammy Adventure

A Debate for the Lunch

IN THE DINING ROOM, Billie’s POV

The smell of food around me made me realize how hungry I was. Luckily, there was a Russian Buffet, so I could freely get anything I wanted to eat.
As I was filling my plate with food, my mind wandered. What is really happening on this ship? If Tre is right, then everyone here could be a kidnapper; even a murderer!

“Billie, Tre!”

My mind came back to reality. I turned around and saw Becky coming towards Tre and me. I guess she’s hungry too.

“Hi Becky,” we said back.

“Where’s your friend?” Tre asked, grinning.

“You mean Seidee? She’s already eaten, so I think she’s in her room now. Have you found Mike?”

“No… not yet.” I looked at Tre, who was staring somewhere in the wall. “But we have some clues. In fact, we need to get your opinion. Would you mind joining us at the table?” I asked her. Tre suddenly turned back to me. Becky seemed impressed at the idea, so we all got the food and sat down.

After we filled up our stomachs, Becky went to the bar to get the drinks for all three of us, so e could chat with a decent glass of something alcoholic.

“So… Tre… Um… Should we tell her everything we found out?”

“Um… Yeah? Why shouldn’t we?” he asked.

I was in doubts. “I don’t know… It’s just… everywhere I look, I see people who could be kidnappers, thieves, even murderers… I just don’t trust people any more…”

“It’s okay,” said Tre. “My point of view about how I see the world has also changed. And Mike’s has surely did, too. But I think we can trust Becky; after all, she seems to be in love with him.”

A moment after, Becky came back with a plate. “Red wine, refreshing after such good lunch,” she said smiling. She grabbed one glass and began to drink it slowly.
On the other hand, Tre grabbed the glass and drank his share within seconds. I wasn’t in the mood to drink.

“So what was that thing you needed opinion about?” asked Becky. Tre and I looked at each other. “You begin,” I said to him.

He explained the whole situation to her. She was shocked.

“So… what should we do now?” Tre asked her.

“I… If I were you, I would go to a policeman or someone,” she slowly began. “But, if those people are really going to do something with Mike…” she gulped. “Then I really don’t know what to do.”

“That’s okay,” I stated. “Tre and I have already decided we will look for him today.”

“Really?” she looked at us, surprised. “In that case, I wish you good luck.”

“Thanks,” we both smiled. This seemed to be the end of our conversation; she said goodbye and went out.

“Um, Billie? I have two questions.”

“Ask.”

“First, you asked Becky to come and join us at the table. But then you were unsure to tell her the situation. How’s that logical?”

I shrugged. “It’s not. I just… don’t seem to think logical any more?”

“Ohh, so I am the new mastermind,” Tre grinned. “Please welcomeeee the man who solved the great mysterious case with the Cheech in one hand – Tre C…

“Tre, it’s okay,” I laughed. “You have another question?”

“Yup. Can I drink your wine? You haven’t even touched it… thanks.” Before I could answer, he already grabbed and drank the wine. He then commented, “It’s a shame Becky didn’t bring the bottle along.”

I was now laughing my ass off. It was great to laugh after so many days. “Tre, you alcoholic crazy mastermind. Start training your brains, ‘cause we’re gonna need them. TIME TO GO!”