Green Day's Grammy Adventure

Wake Me Up… When This Nightmare Ends

Tre’s POV

I opened my eyes and saw Gerard sleeping on the other couch. My headache’s gone! I thought as I got up and stretched my bones. But where is everyone?
I yawned loud and woke Gerard up.

“Tre! You’re up!”

“Sure I am. And you were… sleeping?”

“Oh… yeah, I needed some sleep,” he grinned.

I looked the time. It was 11:35 PM. “Where is everyone?”

“They went searching for Mike. I stayed here, because we couldn’t leave you alone here. God knows what could happen.”

“Oh… I passed out, right?” I asked. Gerard nodded. That moment, I remembered what came through my mind after dinner. “Uh oh.”

“What ‘uh oh’?” he looked at me seriously.

“Uh… nothing. Let’s go and help the others.”

“Oh. Okay. If you say so.”

In the moment I stepped out of the room, I knew something was different, wrong.|/i] It was quiet, too quiet for a ship. I heard a bell ring somewhere outside. Gerard and I looked at each other and walked down the stairs. The next few moments were brief, but seemed to happen in slow motion.
The ship went crazy when it had begun shaking uncontrollably. I was caught by surprise and fell to the floor. Steel was scratching and making terrible noise. I closed my ears and prayed this would stop soon. It did. But then, the sound of water flowing filled my ears. I realized that she ship has struck something.

We slowly got up. “What was that?” Gerard asked confused.

“I have no idea… but it was something.”

The sound of water was now louder; it was coming from the other side of the ship. We didn’t know why, but we just turned back and followed the sound. It brought us to the grand staircase.
Everything stopped for me again as I saw Mike standing next to the fence, alive. The water was flooding the stairs and was threatening to flood everything. I realized the ship was sinking.

“Mike!” I called my friend. He was staring somewhere, but then turned to me. His eyes were filled with fear and sorrow, as he is expecting the end. A woman which was standing in front of him turned around and looked at us. It was Becky.

And she was holding a gun.

“Oh my god,” Gerard quietly snapped. I was now even more frightened than before.

She grinned evilly, then turned back to Mike and said to him: “So long… loser.”

In that exact moment I knew what was going to happen. I ran over to Mike, while Becky had raised her hand and pulled the trigger. I jumped on Mike to literally save his life, but a sharp pain suddenly emerged in my stomach and caused to lose my balance. I rolled over the fence, but didn’t fall – I managed to hold on to the fence. The pain in my stomach was huge; my whole body was in pain. That’s why I couldn’t hold on any more and let go.

“TRE!” were the last words I heard before I fell into the cold water. I knew what was going to happen.

”Listen to this, Tre,” said Billie while reading The DaVinci Code. “If you get shot in the stomach, you die in less than half an hour.”

“Haha Billie, I’ll really need to know this someday,” I said back a little sarcastically.


I closed my eyes and awaited…