Green Day's Grammy Adventure

Mike's Mini Adventure, part 1

The destination was meant to be Southampton, the starting point of now sunken Titanic. Gerard and the others from My Chem found out we will be traveling for about ten days – it seemed no one was in a hurry. Well that’s nice, I thought. God knows what could happen if we would travel faster. And I don’t think just about icebergs.

After some hours of “partying” with the others, Tre, Mike and I decided to go to our room. Yeah, we were sharing one room, but it was split on more parts so we all had our private places.

After I got in the room and sat on my soft bed I figured how sleepy I was. I didn’t try to change myself into pajamas, I just mumbled “good night” and rolled over. I fell asleep almost instantly.

Mike’s POV
Wow, Billie’s already fallen asleep. Man, he probably was tired as hell. Tre went to bed soon after him, left me the only one awake. I wasn’t so tired and sleepy, so I decided to take a walk around the ship.

The first thing I saw when I closed the door were loads of pictures all over the hall. Wow. I haven’t noticed them before. I went to the nearest one and looked at it.

On the picture was a drawing of a woman posing to the drawer. She wore nothing but a diamond around her neck. Wait, I remember this from somewhere… Under the picture was written:

This was a drawing found when Robert Ballard discovered the Titanic. The diamond around the woman’s neck is named Heart of the Ocean, which was made based on the other diamond, known as the Hope Diamond. It has a long history since the times of Luis the XIV. A copy of this drawing was also used in the movie Titanic.

Aah, now I remember! Tre was crying when the old woman threw the diamond in the water. He thought it was a waste of money. I smirked and moved to the next photo. A man was on it, and he was smiling like if he didn't want to take this picture. I read the text beneath it.

Robert Ballard was born in 1942 and as a child he already enjoyed underwater adventures and books. He is a geologist and a sea explorer. Together with American and French team of scientists they searched the sea and found the Titanic in year 1985.

Oh my god, he is like… 30 years older than me?? With this thought in my mind I stepped forward past the door. But suddenly, I heard some yelling from the other side of that door. I was already in front of them and when I wanted to knock on them, everything went black…