Green Day's Grammy Adventure

Stars and Rockstars

I still wasn’t feeling sleepy, so I decided to go outside on the deck. There weren’t many people outside; I mean, it was 2 in the morning. There were some guys from the crew, a couple making out and a boy on the bench. I went to the fence and looked at the sea. It was so calm and so… quiet. Only the ship’s engine and people’s voices interrupted this silence.

With the corner of my eye I saw that the boy was looking, almost staring at me. I didn’t care much – my thoughts were full of Becky. She seemed pretty nice… I hope I will see her again. Well, that wasn’t really a question… we’re actually neighbors. I turned around and looked at the couple who was now leaving the deck, holding each other’s hands. If I and Becky would be like that… I felt I blushed. I should stop thinking about her… I looked at the boy, who was still holding at me. I guess he’s a Green Day fan… I decided and went to sit on the bench right next to him. The boy was now über exited.

Yup, he was definitely a Green Day fan.

I grinned, leaned on the bench, looked at the sky and said to him: “Beautiful moon, isn’t it?”

He was silent for a moment, but then he looked up too and replied: “Yeah, it’s pretty nice… but I like stars better.”

I grinned even more. There was some connection between stars and rockstars, you know. I introduced myself to him and he did to me. His name was Daniel and he was outside waiting for his friend to call him. We talked about some random stuff then I gave him my autograph and a guitar pick I found I my pocket. He was even more happier. About an hour later I said goodbye and went inside. I literally threw myself on bed, falling asleep almost instantly.