Status: Complete

Will You Catch Me If I Fall?

We're One Mistake From Being Together

Traces POV

“I’m so fucking stoked man!” Mason yelled excited as he trotted beside me. I laughed with Ant as we looked at him. Ant Cam was rolling…

I rolled my eyes at the video camera and then looked back at Sim who was trying to control Mason, he was like a puppy. I turned back to the camera

“So…as I was saying! Two months ‘til our tour metro fans! Buy a ticket now!”

Some people. No scratch that. Many people were looking at us oddly as we walked up the sunny streets of our town. I suppose we had always looked rather odd. Though it was a hot day, I was dressed in my trademark skinny jeans, my chest was bare, my waistcoat swinging in my hand so the tattoos were on full display. Mason was in his normal red jeans and was now chasing Simara, his tongue hanging like a dogs as she screeched in laughter. Ant turned the camera towards them, grinning as Simara flipped him off and was caught by Mason and slung over his shoulder.

There was always some kind of fun to be had.

The sun was hot. My legs were sticking to my jeans but thankfully, my chest was cool. We were on the boardwalk beside the beach now. The sound of chatter from the people playing volleyball, swimming and sunbathing was loud on the air.

Ant stopped the video camera and safely stowed it in his bag. We continued on our quest. Simara had a craving for a purple slushie. And ,apparently, there was only one vendor on this beach that sold it. I sighed, becoming irritated. I don’t see why Mason had to drag us all out.

I’d already been stopped three times for an autograph. Mason and Ant were ecstatic, every autograph was sighed with a large smiley face by them, showing their joy at being recognised by strangers. I had just chuckled at them. I wasn’t fazed at autographs…well, maybe being asked for my autograph, the other times I had been approached by strangers was when I was with Miley. And well…they wanted hers, not mine.

I smiled to myself. Metro Stations popularity had increased by a tenfold in such a short period of time. I was beyond thankful and I couldn’t wait to get started on the tour…even if it did mean sharing a bus with Mason and Simara.

My thoughts were knocked out of head suddenly. And when I say knocked…I mean literally knocked by a very large, hard ball…smack into my face.

The yell of laughter from Mason ands Ant, and shriek of surprise by Simara was drowned by the loud ringing that filled my head as I clamped a hand over my stinging, most likely red, cheek.

“Fucking hell!” I cursed, straightening up to my full height, looking around to see the bastard who had almost knocked my head off. I may not be an extremely muscly guy, but my height added points to my intimidation tactics.

“Aw shit Trace! I’m sorry!”

I looked in front of me where Addison was jogging over to me. Despite my sore face, I smiled…happy to see her.

“Hey Addison!” I called as she came closer.

She chuckled, a cigarette hanging from the side of her mouth
“I didn’t mean to hit you Trace, sorry”

I shook my head, all thoughts of hitting my attacker gone “It doesn’t matter…it didn’t hurt”

I glared at Mason as he howled with laughter at my statement. Talk about making me look good.

Addison shook her head, amused and then looked at Simara and the others “Where are you off to? You’re not exactly dressed for the beach.”

Simara butt in before I could open my mouth “We’re looking for the purple slushie man!”

Addison raised her eyebrows and then , to my surprise, smiled “I know where he is…”

Simara squealed “Really…”

I rolled my eyes “please show her where it is so we can get out of here!”. I dodged the blow Sim aimed at me.

Addison laughed again “Sure…let me get my bag”

She turned and walked away and Simara turned to me “Wasn’t she that stripper from that club?”

I frowned “She’s not a stripper…she’s a dancer”

Simara stared at me and then nodded “Okay”. She left me alone to join Mason again. I watched Addison, saying goodbye to two men. One looked familiar, his square muscled frame turned in my direction. He was talking to Addison and I’m pretty sure he was eyeing me up, almost like an older brother would.

Finally, Addison got away from him and joined me again. I managed to examine her, and was surprised at precisely how slight she was. She was dressed in a small, blue bikini and when she stretched, her rib cage could be clearly seen. She didn’t eat enough. Her left side of her body was inked into a dark tattoo,that ran from her hip to her shoulder. It was a thorny flower, but it still managed to make her look even paler and skinnier.

I wasn’t so worried about her weight then with the large, white bandage, wrapped around her wrist. I frowned, again, but didn’t ask her about it. I knew she wouldn’t answer.

We walked in silence until Addison stopped and pointed at a stall near the boardwalk “That’s it over there” she said quietly.

I stayed where I was as the others all galloped off for a cool drink. I laughed to myself and then looked over at Addison, who was staring at the glistening sea. Her eyes were blank, her mind a long way away.

I noticed as she would subconsciously raise her hand to touch the inside of her wrist, and when she pressed down on the bandage, to whatever tender cut lay beneath she flinched painfully. Something was troubling her.

I had been angry at Addison when I had arrived home three nights ago. She had walked away on me again. But deep down, I think I knew she was running away, afraid to stop and live in a moment. Afraid to step into the unknown. I’d love to know the reasons behind her strange actions but I knew it would be a while if ever, that I was told.

She turned around to me and I pretended that I hadn’t been observing her and looked to the ground, kicking the soft sand with my shoe. I saw her smile softly out of the corner of my eye but her smile was strained, her eyes heavy with tension and worry.

We walked on in silence. We didn’t words at the moment.

“Shit!” I hissed, seeing a very familiar brunette in the close distance, talking with friends.

Addison looked at me “What’s wrong?”

I sighed, looking away from Hannah “That girl over there…she’s my ex. We…didn’t part on good terms”

Addison’s eyebrows furrowed as she looked at Hannah and then back at me “What happened between you two?”

I felt myself blush at the embarrassment “She…she cheated on me”

I expected Addison to sigh, put her head on her shoulder and do the “I’m so sorry” look…but she didn’t. I don’t why I expected the normal, after all, it was Addison.

Instead, she grinned like a wicked pixie and I immediately feared the worst but I smiled anyway
“What are you up to?”

She grabbed my hand and pulled me a little bit closer to her “Maybe…we should get her back” she whispered, her mouth close to my ear. I shivered, fighting my rising desire.

With a grunt, I was pulled to the ground and Addison quickly straddled me. I smirked slightly, trying not to laugh at our “revenge”.

My amused feelings flew away when Addison started to kiss along my neck, running her hands through my hair and I groaned involuntary at the feel of her on my skin again. I felt her smile into my neck and she nipped at me.

“Trace?”

I looked up at Hannah, who was staring down at me. Her gaze switched to Addison who was smiling cheekily, her plan had worked.

“Hi Hannah…”I waved awkwardly and Hannah smiled at me. The feeling of butterflies I used to get at seeing her was gone. I had moved on from her.

“How are you doing Trace?” she asked me quietly, stepping closer as if Addison wasn’t right beside me. I felt her stiffen, and growl underneath her breath. I chuckled.

“I’m fine…erm…really have to go Hannah…nice seeing you, bye” I grabbed Addison’s hand and we jogged off, laughing lightly at the look of shock on Hannah’s perfect face.

I smiled wider as I looked at Addison. It was nice to see her laughing again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Excuse this chapter being the epitome of shit.I apologise

Do you guys think Trace is wimpy in this story?
I was told he is.
If he is, I'll try to change it.

O lord, I believe I have an uber crush on my good friend. I believe he likes me too...but I don't know if I should tell him how I feel in case he doesn't.
:S

Addison's tattoo