Status: Complete

Will You Catch Me If I Fall?

Let Me Go

Addison

I woke up and moved my head against the smooth pillow, blinking sleepily and stifling a yawn.

I froze when I felt the heavy weight upon my body as an arm draped lazily around my waist. I waited, willing my memory to come back as sunlight drifted into the room to tickle my face…who had I slept with?

I couldn’t remember anything about last night except a small, dark haired guy with a lip piercing…I didn’t think I had left with him but for all I know, I could have.

It didn’t really to matter to me anyway. Whoever it was, was just another man in a long string of male bodies. All I had to do was either sneak out or boost his ego and tell him I had had a ‘great’ time.

I stopped thinking when I felt whoever it was stir sleepily beside me. I kept still and left my eyes half shut, feigning sleep. He yawned and grumbled softly to himself. His hand moved swiftly from around me as if it weren’t supposed to be there.

The bed creaked slightly as he got up and walked softly across the wooden floor as to not wake me. Sweet boy. I shifted quietly to get a better view of my bed partner under my half closed lids and stifled a surprised gasp when I saw Trace.

He was dresses in tight black skinnies and a simple red and black check top. His hair was sticking up slightly from being slept upon but as usual he took my breath away.

It was then I realised he was fully dressed…and with a sneaky look down I saw that so was I. Hmm…how did that work out?

I knew it was time I showed I was awake and not dead so I faked a yawn and sat up, letting the bed sheets slide off me.

Trace turned to me from the mirror where he was attempting to flatten his beautiful black locks.
He smiled
“You’re awake!”

I couldn’t help but smile back at his enthusiastic morning voice and nodded
“Yeah…I’m awake”

I looked around and Trace noticed
“Do you...Erm...Do you want some breakfast?”

I shook my head “No…I’m fine”

“Really? Not even a coffee”

I noticed the double meaning behind his words and so did the throb of my new hangover headache.
“Yeah…a coffee would be good”

Trace ushered me into the small kitchen and I sat down at the equally small table. I wrapped my hands around the steaming mug of black liquid as he handed it to me and breathe in the aroma. There was nothing like the smell of a good cup of coffee in the morning.

Trace sat down beside me a tall glass of Tropicana in his hand. How he fit his extraordinary long limbs under that table I had no idea.

“Good choice” I murmured, nodding at the orange juice

He smiled “Yeah…good for the voice”

I raised my eyebrows “You sing?”

He shrugged “It pays the bills”

I smiled but didn’t say anything. I wasn’t good at this morning after stuff. I normally either left before the guy woke up or ran out before he could ask me my mobile number and a muttered goodbye. With Frank-E we could go back to normal after sex. It was just sex for me. No coffees and no Tropicana goodliness.

I didn’t like being out off my comfort zone.

I didn’t like it at all.

I drained my mug, ignoring the scalding hot liquid as it ran down my throat, burning on its way. I got up quickly

“Well, thanks for everything…what a night…eh…bye!”

Trace looked at me as if I was a lunatic. Maybe I was.
“What are you talking about?”

I paused “Didn’t we have sex”

Traces’ laugh startled me and I jumped. He giggled like a little girl and bit my cheeks from trying to smile in amusement. I needed to go. I needed to go now.

“We didn’t sleep together”

I looked at him, really confused now.
“Then…what the hell am I doing here? With you? In your apartment? In your bed!”

Trace laughed again
“You were wasted last night Addison. I’m not surprised you don’t remember anything”

I sighed “Yes, wasted. Big deal”

Trace raised his eyebrows and his gaze softened “I didn’t want you to be taken advantage of Addison. So I brought you here to ensure you were safe…”

I felt my eyes harden to hide the building emotion that was raging in my body. Was he saying he cared about me? Me…Addison Grey, the hopeless nobody with a dead sister.

I stepped away as he looked to move closer to me
“I don’t need your protection Trace…I don’t need anyone’s protection”

I moved to the door and opened it, only for it to be closed again by Trace’s large hand. He was close, very close…I could just reach out now and pull him towards me… He leaned down to me so his breath tickled my face. His eyes bore into mine, making me want to move away

“Addison…” he whispered “Are you okay?”

I opened my mouth and for the first time I wanted someone to know that No I was not okay. I was a mess…I was an eighteen year old girl who couldn’t live one day without either getting drunk or high or sometimes both. I wanted someone to know hoe I felt. I wanted to let myself sink into his arms and tell him everything, for Trace to wrap his arms around me, smooth my hair back, kiss me and tell me everything was going to be okay. That he was here.

But things don’t work like that.

I closed my mouth, shutting the weak words away and tore my gaze away

“I’m fine…” I whispered so I could barely hear myself “Perfectly fine”

And I wrenched open the door and ran from the building…I ran from the first real thing I had wanted in years.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay update :)
Yay more stars

Yay AntCam 8 :)

I love banenrs and comments and subbies
Make me smile today
x