Status: Inactive. i'm going to be rewriting this soon.

This Is for Keeps

Home Sweet Home

Image

Rain was pouring down so hard, it was hard to see out of the windsheild. I sighed and took my headphones out of my ears.

"I know you didn't want to move, but it's for the best." my mother said quietly.

My mother and I are moving from bright and loud Las Vegas to dull and rainy Forks, Washington. Why? My mother got a job promotion, requiring to move here, and now I'm stuck here. She pulled up to a fairly big house and parked in the driveway.

"Here it is. Home sweet home." My mom said.
"Whatever you say mom." I replied to her comment.

I opened the door and got out. The Mustang my dad had bought me was already in the garage. All of our stuff was already in the house, we just needed to unpack it. I dragged my feet to the porch, and just stood in the rain.

"Samantha! Why are you standing in the rain? You're going to get sick!" My mom scolded me.

I walked slowly up the steps, not caring I was soaking wet.She ran past me, not wanting to get soaked like I was. She unlocked the door and let me in. As soon as I walked in, my jaw dropped. The house was beautiful.

"Wow." was all I could say.
"Do you like it? I had someone come and set everything up." She told me.
"It's beautiful. Umm, no one touched my things, right?" I asked, hoping the answer was no. I didn't want strangers going through my things.
"No honey. I set up your bed and your entertainment center and your TV, but I didn't touch anything else." She explained to me, as she walked into another room.

I walked up the stairs, looking for my room. After looking through a couple rooms, I found mine at the end of the hall. As I walked in, I looked around at my new room. I didn't have much to unpack, just mainly clothes. I went to a suitcase that I knew had some pajamas in it, and changed out of my wet clothes. I looked out the window in my room, out into the backyard and staring in the dark woods. Scary thoughts flooded my head, and I shut them out, shivering. I walked away from my window, and sat on my bed. I looked over at the boxes on my floor, and sighed.

'I might as well get it over with.' I thought to myself, walking over to the boxes and sitting on the floor by them. I started opening boxes and putting stuff away. By the time I was done, it was 7PM. As I got up from the floor and stretched, the doorbell rang and made me jump a little. 'Oh god. I hope this isn't like the movies when someone moves to the neighborhood and brings food over.' I thought. I heard my moms voice, and I decided to see who was here. My mom had shut the door by the time I was halfway down the stairs.She was walking into the kitchen with a pizza in her hands.

"Samantha!" She yelled, not realizing that I was already behind her.
"Um, right here mom." I said, causing her to jump a little.
"Oh! Did you get your room done? I ordered a pizza." She said.
"Yes mother." I replied, in a singing voice.

I grabbed two paper plates and sat them next to the pizza.She opened the pizza box and I grabbed two slices. I leaned against the counter, eating my pizza. I finished my pizza and threw my plate away and walked back upstairs to my room. As I walked in, I shut the door behind me, and turned on the TV.

Nothing good was on, so I got my laptop out of my bag and sat on my bed. I checked my mail and turned the laptop off, putting it on my nightstand. I laid down and turned the channel to VH1. Soon after, my eyes couldn't stay open any longer, and I drifted into a deep sleep.