Status: Inactive. i'm going to be rewriting this soon.

This Is for Keeps

First Day

Image

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock buzzing. Today was my first day at Forks High.

"Samantha! Are you up?" My mother yelled up to me.
"Yes mom." I yelled back down to her.

Sighing, I threw my blanket off of me and sat up. As I stood up, I stretched and let out a yawn. I walked over to my dresser and got out my outfit. Stripping out of my pajamas, I quickly put on my clothes. I walked to the bathroom, turning on my straightner. As I waited for it to heat up, I brushed my teeth. Once I was finished, I brushed through my hair and started straightening it. When I was satisfied with my hair, I put some eyeliner on. Looking at myself one more time in the mirror, I walked out of the bathroom and down the stairs. As I was walking into the kitchen, my mom was coming out.

"Have a good day sweetie." My mother said as she kissed me on the cheek, and walked out of the front door.

Looking over at the clock, I had about 20 minutes until I had to leave. I found my poptarts and started eating. When I was finished, I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my bag. 'Please let this day be good', I thought to myself. I grabbed my keys and walked into the garage, shutting the door behind me. Getting in my car, I started it and pressed the button on the garage door remote to open it. When it was opened all the way, I pulled out of the garage and into the driveway, pressing the button again to close it. I pulled out of my driveway, and started driving to school. It took about five minutes to get there. I found a parking spot next to a silver Volvo.

Turning off my car, I sighed. I sat in there for a few minutes, preparing myself for the day ahead of me. I got out of my car, and locked it behind me as I walked into the office building. A small woman sat behind a desk, with a smile on her face.

"Hello, you must be Samantha. Welcome to Forks." She said, handing me a schedule and a map to the school.
"Also, you need to have your teachers sign this and drop this off to me at the end of the day." She handed me another piece of paper.
"Thanks." I said, smiling back at her.

I walked out of the office, and looked at my schedule.

1st -Calculus
2nd - German
3rd - English
4th -Government
Lunch
5th - Biology
6th - Gym


I looked at the map to try to find my first hour, and figured it was around the corner. As I walked into the class, all eyes were on me, and I got nervous. The teacher looked over at me, and motioned me to come to him.

"Welcome to Calculus, I'm Mr. Johnson. You can go sit by Alice." He said, pointing to a petite girl with short spikey hair.
Alice waved at me, and I couldn't get over how beautiful she was. Her pale skin made her stand out, along with the bruise-like shadows under her eyes. As I walked closer to her, I could see her liquid topaz eyes.

"Hi! I'm Alice Cullen. You're Samantha, right?" She said excitedly.
"Uh, yeah. But please, call me Sam." I said, sitting down next to her.

Just before the teacher started talking, a guy walked in, who made my jaw drop. He had bronze hair, and he looked exactly like Alice.

"That's my brother, Edward." Alice said, noticing me staring at him.

I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. He was absolutely gorgeous. He took his seat and just stared at the teacher. The teacher started talking and I turned my attention towards him.

Edward's POV

'Edward! This is the girl from my visions!' Alice chimed in my head.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. Alice had pestering me for two weeks about a new girl who I would fall in love with. Alice showed me one of the visions she had, and indeed it was the same girl. I looked over at the girl, and I was immediately drawn to her. She was beyond beautiful. She got up to sharpen her pencil, and I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She stood at 5'3", maybe around 110 pounds. When she was walking back to her seat, she seen me staring and blushed.

Her blood was strong, but something I could handle. Bella's scent was much stronger, but Samantha's scent smelled much better. She smelled like strawberries, and it was very appealing. All throughout class, I kept my eyes on her. I tried reading her mind, but I couldn't. It was frustrating. First Bella, and now Samantha. Samantha looked back at me, and blushed when she seen I was still looking. I had a feeling today was gonna be a good day.