Status: Inactive. i'm going to be rewriting this soon.

This Is for Keeps

Guitar

Image

As I was sitting in the Cullen's living room, I couldn't stop glancing over at Edward. Everytime he looked at me while I was looking at him, I'd blush like crazy and look away. Edward shot me a crooked smile and I nearly had a heart attack. He was perfect. Everything about him was perfect. I sighed, thinking about how I would never get a chance with him. But a girl could dream, right?

"Hey Sam, do you want to go shopping with Rosalie and I this weekend?" Alice asked sweetly.

"Uhh, sure. I could use some new clothes." I responed.

"Yay!" She grinned, and by the look on her face, I could tell she loved shopping.

We spent the next couple of hours chatting, and I got to know them pretty well. Jasper didn't talk much, Emmett kept cracking jokes mainly about me, Alice talked a lot about fashion, and Rosalie kind of kept to herself, only making a few comments, but shooting smiles my way often. They asked me about my life in Vegas; what I did for fun, my old friends, school, and any ex-boyfriends. I've only dated two people in my life, and thinking about the last one gave me the chills. I quickly pushed any bad thoughts out of my head and thought of Edward. I looked at the clock, and it read 7:30 PM.

"Well, I should probably get home." I sighed, getting up.

"Oh, I didn't even know it was this late. Time flys when you're having fun." Alice laughed.

"It sure does." I smiled.

Waving goodbye to everyone, Alice walked me to the door. I put my shoes and jacket on, and turned to Alice. She smiled at me and pulled me into a gentle hug, as if she were afraid she would break me. I hugged her back and smiled. After a moment, we pulled away from each other.

"Drive safe." Alice said.

"As always." I smiled.

Alice opened the door for me and I walked out to my car. As soon as I entered my car, rain started pouring down. Groaning, I started my car and put it in drive. Taking one last look as I drove away, I seen Edward looking out the window, smiling. My heart fluttered and I found myself blushing. The whole ride home, all I could think about was Edward. He was inhumanley beautiful, along with the rest of his family. I felt like I've known them longer than I actually have.

Sighing, I pulled into the driveway and parked my car. My mother wasn't home yet. But it wasn't unusual for her to be late. She was a nurse, and got busy at work quite often. I started making dinner for her and I. I wasn't the best cook, nor was I horrible. But I knew how to make a few things. As I was finishing dinner, my mother walked through the door.

"Sorry I'm late honey." My mother said.

"It's okay, mom." I smiled.

"Mmm, the spaghetti smells good. What'd you do today?" She asked.

"Well, I met a girl, and I went over to her house today. Her name is Alice Cullen." I replied.

"Oh, I work for her dad. He told me all about the kids. He said Alice was very enthusiastic. He's a very caring and generous man." My mother rambled on.

By the time I was finished eating, it was 8:30. It was too early to go to bed, and I didn't have any homework, so I decided to get out my guitar. It had been awhile since I played. My dad taught me when I was younger. He bought me this guitar. Thinking of him brought tears to my eyes. But I wasn't tearing up from thinking about his tragic death. It was the good memories that brought these tears to my eyes. I wiped the few tears that had rolled down my cheek away. I started strumming my guitar, and then started singing.

I know what you're doing, I see it all too clear
I only taste the saline when I kiss away your tears
You really had me going, wishing on a star
But the black holes that surround you are heavier by far
I believed in your confusion, you were so completely torn
It must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born
There's not much to examine, there's nothing left to hide
You really can't be serious if you have to ask me why
I say goodbye...

'Cause I am barely breathing
And I can't find the air
don't know who I'm kidding
Imagining you care
And I could stand here waiting
A fool for another day
I don't suppose it's worth the price, worth the price
the price that I would pay

Everyone keeps asking, what's it all about?
I used to be so certain and I can't figure out
What is this attraction? I only feel the pain
There's nothing left to reason and only you to blame
Will it ever change?

'Cause I am barely breathing
And I can't find the air
Don't know who I'm kidding
Imagining you care
And I could stand here waiting
A fool for another day
I don't suppose it's worth the price, it's worth the price
the price that I would pay
But I'm thinking it over anyway, I'm thinking it over anyway

I've come to find, I may never know
Your changing mind, is it friend or foe?
I rise above, or sink below
With every time, you come and go
Please don't come and go

'Cause I am barely breathing
And I can't find the air
Don't know who I'm kidding
Imagining you care
And I could stand here waiting
A fool for another day
But I don't suppose it's worth the price, it's worth the price
the price that I would pay
But I'm thinking it over anyway...I'm thinking it over anyway
Well, I know what you're doing...I see it all too clear.........


After I got done singing, I set down my guitar and heard a thud outside of my window. Whipping my head around and looking out of my window, I seen a few trees moving. I figured it was just the wind and layed down to watch TV.

*Edward's POV*

I sat perched in the big tree in Samantha's backyard. I was roaming around the woods, thinking about why I couldn't read Sam's mind either. It was confusing! I caught a whiff of Sam's scent, and went looking for her. I followed it to her house, and I quickly jumped into the tree, looking into her window. I watched as she picked up her guitar and started singing. She had an amazing voice.

Suddenly, all of her thoughts came flooding in my head. Her mind was running, all of her thoughts containing her father. As she continued to sing, her thoughts slowed down a bit, but still only thought of her father. When she was done singing, I was blocked from her thoughts again. I sat there for a mintue, thinking of her beauty. I got so caught up in my thoughts I fell from the tree and landed to the ground with a loud thud. I quickly got up and ran back into the forest.

I reached my house and walked into my room. Alice came in soon after and sat as I paced back and forth.

"Why?" I nearly yelled.

"Why what?" Alice asked innocently.

"Why is she making me feel this way?! I've known her for one day, and I'm starting to fall for her!" I hissed loudly.

"Well, I believe you're falling so fast is because you know she is your soulmate. Just imagine how much stronger your guys bond will be once she's turned into-"

"No! She will not be turned! She's too good for this! I'm not going to be the reason she loses her soul!" I screamed.

"Edward, it's going to happen. I have seen it so many times." Alice softly said.

"You said the same thing about Bella, and it didn't happen." I hissed.

"I still see her as a vampire. The only difference is that you two aren't together." Alice explained.

"Are you serious?!" I yelled.

Alice was showing me a vision of Bella and Sam laughing together, both with crimson red eyes.