Status: Inactive. i'm going to be rewriting this soon.

This Is for Keeps

Nightmare

Image

I woke up to the sound of footsteps in my room. Glancing over at my alarm clock, it read 3:37 AM. The footsteps sounded like they were getting closer to me. My heart started beating faster and fear washed over me. I looked towards where I heard the footsteps, and jumped.

"Edward! You scared me to death. What are you doing here?" I said, clutching my chest.

"Shh." Edward whispered, walking towards me and placing his finger on my lips.

He sat next to me on my bed, and took his finger off my lips. His beautiful topaz eyes stared into my ocean blue eyes. He leaned in, and his lips pressed against mine. His lips were cold, but they felt nice against my warm lips. His tongue traced my bottom lip, and I parted my lips. Within a matter of seconds, he was laying on top of me, with his hands caressing my lower back. I ran my hands through his hair and kissed back with passion. He was soft and gentle with me, but then he changed. He became rougher, his grip tightening on me. I winced in pain, and when I pulled back, I screamed. It was no longer Edward.

"No! Leave me alone!" I screamed.

"Hello darling. I've been waiting for you for a long time." Anthony sneered, his black eyes glaring into mine.

I let out a horrifying scream as his teeth sank into my neck, sending pain throughout my whole body.

*****************************************************

I jolted up in my bed, screaming. The dream seemed so real. I got out of my bed and ran to my mirror and checked my neck to make sure it wasn't real. No marks. I slid down to the floor and started crying. It's been a while since I've had a dream with him in it. Up until a month ago, I'd been having terrorizing nightmares of him for months. But he had never had black eyes or cold skin in the past dreams, nor did he bite my neck. Anthony was very scary. He was obsessed with me. He would follow me home, and he would always send me dead, wilted black roses.

Everything about him creeped me out. Back in Vegas, he would always stare at me in the halls. He got all of his classes switched so he had them all with me. A couple of weeks later, things got way out of hand. He started sending me notes with drops of blood on them; his blood. I told somebody at school when I received a threatening note from him, and he was expelled. Later that night, my mom was working late so I was home alone. I thought I would have a peaceful night by myself, but I was terribly wrong.

*Flashback*

I was sitting in my room, listening to music on my laptop. I heard the front door open and close over my music. I figured my mom got off work early, so I turned my music up louder. A knock came at my door, so I turned my music down.

"Come in." I said.

The door opened and Anthony stood in my door way. I was frozen in fear and shock. He slammed my door shut and locked it. His black hair fell in his face, and he had an evil look on his face. He started walking towards me and I screamed.

"Get out, you fucking freak!" I screamed.

"Now now, I wouldn't be calling me names if I were you." He said, pulling out a pocket knife.

"What the hell do you want from me?" I yelled.

"I want you." He whispered, grabbing my face.

He held me down, and I couldn't move. He opened his knife and held the blade in my face. My body started shaking; I was honestly scared for my life. I felt the cold metal on my skin and my whole body shivered. He ran the side of the blade over my arms, and suddenly cut my shirt open, exposing my whole torso. He grazed the blade overmy stomach and chest. I felt the knife cut my chest and I screamed. Anthony yelled at me and cut my stomach this time. I started sobbing and that's when I was punched in the face. He continued to cut into my stomach and chest some more, and soon started cutting my thighs. I could feel blood all over me, and I let out another scream, hoping a neighbor would hear me.

"Shut up bitch!" He screamed in my face.

"P-please just st-stop." I sobbed.

In the distance, the sounds of police sirens could be heard. Anthony had a look of panic and rage on his face. He cut into my chest once more before getting off of me. He bent down and placed his lips on mine, and went to my window. He looked at me once more before jumping out of my window. My vision became blurry, and I heard my door being busted open. I heard voices all around me, but it was hard to hear. It felt as if I had ear plugs in. I felt cold metal touch my chest and I screamed. My breathing became hard, and soon everything went black.

*End of Flashback*


That night, I was rushed to the hospital by an ambulance. Apparently I had lost a lot of blood. I had several stitches, and my whole body hurt. That night was permanently burned into my mind. Anthony had carved his initials into my thigh, but the scar is starting to fade. Most of my scars have faded, but the memory will never fade away.