Status: Inactive. i'm going to be rewriting this soon.

This Is for Keeps

New Friend

Image

After gathering myself together from that dream, I decided to get ready for school. As I got up from the floor, I felt a light breeze against my skin. Turning towards my window, I seen it was open. I was confused. Had I opened that in the middle of the night? I walked to my window and shut it. The sun was peeking through the clouds, which brought a smile upon my face. After changing my clothes and doing my hair, I was ready to go. I ran downstairs and grabbed a poptart. When I was done eating, I grabbed my keys and bag, and went out to my car. The sun was fully out by the time I got to school. I was putting my bag in my locker when a girl with light brown hair came up to me.

"Hi, I'm Jessica! You're Samantha, right?" She spoke with a smile across her face.

"Yeah, but I go by Sam." I replied.

"Oh, okay. Well I came over here to ask if you wanted to sit with my friends and I at lunch today." Jessica stated.

"Umm, I guess." I said.

"Okay! I'll meet you here before lunch!" She exclaimed, and walked off.

I got my books and headed off to class. Disappointment spread across my face when I seen that Alice and Edward weren't there. I hoped they would come in late. Classes seemed to drag on and on. Bella had another class with me, and continued to give me dirty looks. I didn't know why, but I think it had something to do with me hanging out with the Cullen's. Lunch time arrived and I waited for Jessica at my locker. She came up to me with Bella in tow.

"Hey! Are you ready to go?" Jessica asked.

"Uh, yeah." I said.

I followed her to the lunch room and sat next to Jessica. Two guys sat at the table across from me, and one of them kept staring at me. To be honest, it was getting on my nerves.

"Got a staring problem?" I scowled.

"Only when a hot girl is in front of me!" The guy who kept staring exclaimed.

"Um, okay, how about you fix tht problem." I retorted.

"Don't mind him, he's a pig. I'm Mike Newton." The other guy spoke up.

"Hi, I'm Sam." I smiled.

"I'm Tyler." The other guy mumbled.

Bella scooted her chair closer to Mike's and planted a kiss on his lips. Jessica got a look of jealousy, hurt, and disgust on her face, but quickly changed her facial expression when she realized I had seen it. She laughed awkwardly and twirled her hair. It seemed to me like Jessica and Mike had been together before, but I could be wrong. Bella hung all over Mike, and the sight started to disgust me as well. I looked around the cafeteria, looking for any signs of the Cullen's. They were nowhere to be seen.

"They most likely won't show up today." Jessica spoke up, noticing me looking around.

"How do you know?" I asked, wondering how she would know that.

"Dr. and Mrs. Cullen always pull them out of school on nice, sunny days. I've never seen them at school when it's a nice day." Jessica explained.

"Oh, well I'm going to go get in line." I said, standing up.

"I'll come with you." Jessica said, standing up as well.

Bella looked at us with an annoyed expression, and placed another kiss on Mike's lips. Jessica turned away with a look of hurt spread across her face. It seemed like Bella was trying to make me jealous as well; she always looked me right in the eye before doing something with Mike. I could tell she was making Jessica jealous. She looked so...hurt. Jessica and I walked to the lunch line and stood behind some kids.

"So what's the deal with Bella?" I asked softly.

"Mike and I used to date, while Bella was dating Edward Cullen. Everything was going great, until prom came around. That night, Mike dumped me for Bella, and Bella dumped Edward for Mike. I guess they hooked up that night. That was about a month ago. It still hurts, you know? Mike was my first serious boyfriend, and she stole him from me. She normally doesn't rub it in my face that she has Mike now, but ever since you came here, which has only been two days,it seems as if she's rubbing it in your face too. I think she's just jealous because you're hanging out with the Cullens." Jessica replied.

"Why are you still friends with her if she's treating you like this?" I asked.

"She's basically the only one I have. But I'm sick of her games. I think having no friends would be better than having her as a friend." She said, as we were getting our food.

"Well, I know we just met, but if you want someone to talk to, I'll be here." I said with a smile.

"Thanks." She smiled back.

"Do you want to sit by ourselves?" I asked.

"Yeah, that would be good." She said.

Lunch passed by pretty fast. Jessica and I got to know each other a bit better, and we quickly bonded. We exchanged phone numbers and all that good stuff. I could tell we were on the road to a great friendship.