Status: Inactive. i'm going to be rewriting this soon.

This Is for Keeps

E-mail

Image

The rest of the day passed by slowly. All of my classes seemed to drag on forever. I was glad when the final bell rang. I walked out of the building after putting all of my books away in my locker. As I was approached my car, a guy came up to me out of nowhere. He had light brown hair that was kind of shaggy, blue eyes, and a bit of facial hair. He looked like your typical high school football player.

"Hey there pretty lady. I'm Grant, and you are?" He smirked.
"Um, Sam. What do you want?" I asked, annoyed.
"Just wanted to say hello to the prettiest girl in Forks." He said.
"That's nice. I need to go." I said, feeling a bit uncomfortable.
"I'll be seeing you later, baby." He winked, and walked off to his friends.

I quickly got in my car and drove off. Something about that guy gave me a bad feeling. The way he looked at me made me sick. He looked at me like I was just something to..fuck. I shuddered and pushed the bad thoughts out of my head. When I got home, I got on my laptop and checked my e-mail. I was surprised when I seen an e-mail from an old friend.

Hey Sammy, how are you doing? I hope all is good. I heard you moved out to Washington. I know you're probably thinking, 'why is this asshole writing me?'. Well, I'm writing to say I'm terribly sorry for the way I acted. You didn't deserve anything that I said or did to you. You were a great friend, and you were only looking out for me. I know it's been months since we've talked, and I miss you terribly. You were my best friend, and I threw it away for something pointless. I've been clean for a while now. I hope you will someday forgive me. I would love to come visit you sometime, if you decide to forgive me. Once again, I am so sorry. I miss you Sammy. -- Alex.

I was crying by the time I was done reading the e-mail. Alex and I were friends back when we were around ten years old. We were more like brother and sister. I was the first person who Alex had come out of the closet to. He was scared I wouldn't want to be friends with him because he was gay, but it didn't matter to me. About a year ago, he got into drugs. First he started off with marijuana. I'll admit that I tried it once, but I thought it was pretty pointless.

He became your typical pothead. But smoking wasn't getting him high enough anymore. So he got into harder drugs. He started snorting cocaine. He hid it from me because he knew how I would react. One day I was hanging out with him in his room, and I came across a baggie with white powder in it, and I instantly knew it was coke. I blew up at him, and he blew up right back. That was the first big fight we had ever had.

One night, he was rushed to the hospital because of an overdose. Apparently he took some pills, snorted some coke, and drank a fifth of vodka. He was close to death, all because of drugs. I visited him in the hospital and gave him an ultimatum. He had to choose either me or the drugs. He got way beyond pissed, and blew up at me. He told me he never wanted to talk to me again, and he didn't talk to me after that, until now.

I hope that we could become friends again. He was a great friend, until he got into all of that stuff. All he needed to do was stay clean, and I'm sure he would be the same old Alex that I used to love.

Grant:
Image

Alex:
Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's kind of short. This is mainly a filler. Feedback would be lovely :]
This chapter is dedicated to 'click it. BETCH'