What's My Age Again?

1/1

Quinn’s Point Of View

Nobody ever really understood our childish antics. Jepha and Dan joined in sometimes but Bert and I were the worst. That’s probably why we couldn’t get a girl to save our lives. Bert and I were always playing around with each other and having a good time. Nobody ever understood our ways.

Like when Jepha and Dan caught Bert and I making prank phone calls to an editor of a major magazine that was a total bitch to us. It was our own way of revenge that really wasn’t harmless. They made us apologize anyways.

Bert and I have been places; places not many people get to see and live. Most namely, Death. Bert and I have been on the brink of life, barely hanging on. We both survived, obviously, but it’s the scariest shit I’ve ever seen in my entire life. I have nightmares about it and I know Bert does too. It’s honestly my biggest fear.

When these nightmares occur, I always know I can go to Bert. He’ll scoot to one side of the bed and lets me cuddle up to him. He’ll run his fingers through my hair and tell me that it’ll be alright. Bert and I are soul mates and we both know it.

Bert and I like to act childish because we’ve been places. Places where when people go, most don’t come back. Namely, Death. Personally, it scares the shit out of me and I never want to go back. Bert feels the same way too.

I have nightmares about it and I know exactly what to do when I have them. I go into Bert’s room and he scoots over so that I have room to squeeze in and I cuddle up to him. He runs his fingers through my hair and tells me that it’ll all be okay. I can always believe him.

Bert and I are soul mates. We both know it and we both cherish the fact that we’ll always have each other. We act the way we do because we don’t have much time left. Nobody does. Life flies by and we can’t do anything about it other than live our life the way we want to.

Bert and I will love each other forever and always. It doesn’t matter what other people think. We have each other and that’s all that matters. Other people may not understand but I never want to act my age. There’s not enough time in the world to care what other people think and what they say. All that matters is that you live your life the way you want to.

No one should take themselves so seriously (with me, please stay)
With many years ahead to fall in line (with me, please stay)
Why would you wish that on me? (with me)
I never want to act my age (please stay)
What's my age again? (with)
What's my age again? (me)
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it! This is totally different than what I expected to turn out!