Thunderstorm

1/1

I heard more thunder, and me being scared to death by storms, I just jumped. My parents were in another country on another business trip and my older sister was at college, across the freaking country. I personally was hiding in my king sized bed, under my dark purple comforter. Living in Baltimore, you think that I would be used to this my now.

I heard someone knocking on the door, the power was out. How was I going to see? I walked down the stairs, thanking the lord that I didn’t hurt myself. The pounding on the door was getting louder, and I heard whoever was there, yelling. Opening the door was a big mistake. I tried to shut the door, but he put his foot in the way. He opened it and I glared at him. He gave me a hurt look.

“What do you want Gaskarth?”
“Im sorry Lisa! How many times do I have to say that?” Before I could respond, I heard another jolt of thunder and shrieked. Alex immediately pulled me into a comforting hug. His hugs were something I missed dearly. I realized how hard I was clutching him, and how wet we both were. I immediately let him go, and again, the hurt look on his face was back.
“I’ll get you a towel; I don’t need to be held accountable for your death. Too many teenies” I shuddered, both from his laugh and from my wet clothes. He led us back to my bedroom with his flashlight, and I got us some towels. As the break-up was just two days ago, I still had half of his wardrobe at my place. He picked up a t-shirt and some sweats as I did the same. I gave him the liberty of changing in my room, while I went to the bathroom.

We both walked out at the same time, and we went right to the guest room. I decided to sit on the window ledge, even though I hate storms. He sat on the bed and observed me.

“Why did you do it Alex?” My voice, quiet and raspy, like I had been crying. He sighed.
“I don’t know. I was drunk. Too drunk to realize my actions.”
“That’s not a good enough excuse Alex. I come to surprise you on tour, and all I see is you in bed with that… whore
“Im sorry. I know my actions were inexcusable. I am here to apologise.” I sighed.
“I don’t know if I can forgive you this time Alex. That was the second time in our relationship that happened”
“I promise you, it won’t happen again. Please, for the love of god, take me back”
“Is that the reason you’re here Alex? To beg me to take you back?”
“That and I know how scared you get during storms. I ran all the way here just to make sure you were alright” I had to smile. I walked over to him and laid down on the bed. He followed my example and put his arm around me. I missed how we just fit like two puzzle pieces. I snuggled in closer to his body, inhaling his scent. Alcohol and laundry detergent. He kissed my forehead as I shrunk into his body more, when more thunder hit the ground.

“Alex?”
“Hm?”
“I love you.” I could feel his smile.
“I love you too babe, don’t ever leave me again.”
“I don’t think I could bear it. I missed you too much”
“I want you to come on the rest of the tour with us”
“I don’t know Alex, I still have college”
“Its almost over! You’re coming with us when it ends. Jack, Rian, Zack and Flyzik miss you, but not as much as me.” Again, I had to smile.
“We’ll see Mr.Gaskarth” He smirked.
“That sounds so kinky” I laughed.
“Leave it to you, to ruin the perfect moment with your dirty mind.” He gave a cheeky smile.
“But baby, you, love my dirty mind, it’s the reason you’re about to say yes”
“ ‘yes’ to what exactly Will?” He smiled at the nickname. He got out of bed, and ran out of the room. I sat up, confused as hell. I heard a crash and a distinct ‘I’m okay!’ and had to laugh. Alex ran back into the room, hiding something in his pocket. He made me sit on the edge of the bed, while he kneeled in front of me. I gasped as my hands covered my mouth, the tears already threatening to fall.

“Kayleigh, we grew up together, hell, we even moved from England here. I know we’re a bit young, but I cant loose you ever again. The day you found me on tour, was the day I got this ring. We’ve been to hell and back together. You were there, through all the bad break-ups, comforting me, telling me I would find the right girl one day. She was right in front of me the entire time. You were there, right in front of me. How did I not realize until now? I was a fool, I was an idiot. I hope you forgive me, and please, Kayleigh Lisa Haper, will you marry me?”

I couldn’t do anything but nod my head, the tears falling at a steady pace. He smiled, put the ring on my finger, picked me up and started twirling me around. We ran out on the streets, and he started yelling
“She said yes! She said yes!”
We were soaking wet again, but that didn’t matter. I looked into his eyes, and held his face with my hands. He pushed my face up with one of his hands, while the other arm was around my waist. He kissed me. This wasn’t any normal kiss either. It was an ‘I-love-you-so-much,-don’t-ever-leave-me-again’ passion filled one. These were the ones I enjoyed the most.

We went back inside, and dried off.
“Alex, sing me a song”
“ When I see your smile
Tears run down my face I can't replace
And now that I'm strong I've figured out
How this world turns cold
and it breaks through my soul
And I know I'll find deep inside me
I can be the one
I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to heaven

It's ok. It's ok. It's ok.
Seasons are changing
And waves are crashing
And stars are falling all for us
Days grow longer
and nights grow shorter
I can show you I'll be the one

I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to heaven

Cuz you're my, you're my, my true love, my whole heart
Please don't throw that away
Cuz I'm here for you
Please don't walk away,
Please tell me you'll stay, stay

Use me as you will
Pull my strings just for a thrill
And I know I'll be ok
Though my skies are turning gray

I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to heaven”


I smiled at the choice of song, thinking this will be the most memorable thunderstorm ever.

“I love you Alexander William Gaskarth, and that’s never gonna change…”
“And I love you Kayleigh Lisa Harper-Gaskarth, more than you know”
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy