Paper Hearts

Detective Work

Now kiddies, when your mom tells you to try to be friends with everyone in class, listen to her, mothers do know best. And when you grow up and get a job, don’t tell a person, who you’re not even friends with, that his sister and best friend are having a ‘thing.’ because that makes an awkward silence when you have to alter the sister’s clothes.

And trust me; it’s exceedingly awkward.

Sapphire stood on the pedestal while I circled around her sticking needles here and there; trimming this and that. Everything was normal (I’m talking about the alterations, nothing else) until I had to measure her waist for a dress that needed an adjustment. The difference might have only been an inch, which would be normal if she was expecting her period anytime soon. But her period was two weeks ago, I knew that because she was an inch bigger than normally around that time.

Something was wrong, and I was going to find out.

Changing quickly into detective mode, I suavely asked Sapphire about it.

“Have your clothes been feeling a little tighter lately, Sapphire?”

“A little bit. Why?”

“I don’t know. But you have the same measurements as you do when you’re on your period. Is something up?”

She thought about what I said and just shook her head no.

I noticed the way she bit her lip. It was like she was trying to say something else.

She was lying, I knew it.

Not knowing how to further the conversation, I let it go. I didn’t want to accuse her of something. She was already too judgmental of me.

- - -

I had just gotten comfortable in the hotel bed when I heard the rapid knocking.

Who the fuck wanted me now? I mean seriously it’s as if I am these people’s personal stylist.

If it’s Adam at my door, I swear.

One day I was going to start dressing him up in the emperor’s new clothes.

I got over myself and moped over to the door. I was shocked at who was waiting for me in the hallway.

“Delilah, will you do something for me?”

I just smiled; this was going to be fun.

What was my problem?
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you lovess it;;;;
kaleyyy