Paper Hearts

Four Positives

I could hear Delilah pacing back and forth outside the door. God, did she have loud footsteps.

One more minute.

I stared at the four cups in front of me, each one keeping the biggest secret of my life from me.

"Come on. Come on. Come on."

I tapped my foot impatiently, glaring at the cups. Delilah began banging on the door.

"Anything??"

"Nothing yet Dee."

What the fuck? I just called her Dee? A nickname. Oh no.

Checking my watch, I saw that one minute was up. I quickly groped at one of the tests.

Positive.

What?

I grabbed the next one.

Positive.

The third one.

Positive.

I could feel hot tears racing down my cheeks as I reached for the fourth one...

Postive.

This couldn't be possible. How??

I was pregnant?!

Delilah began banging on the door again.

"Sapphire!!"

I slowly walked to the door and opened it. Her face went from anger to shock.

"Are you..?"

I didn't reply. I just began crying harder. She stormed past me and looked at the tests. Every single one of them. Then she looked back at me.

"How can this be possible?" she asked.

That's what I'm saying. I placed my hand gently on my stomach. I had a baby inside me. A baby...

"I don't know.."

She threw away the tests and escorted me out of the bathroom.

"This doesn't make any sense." I said.

We got into her car and she pulled out of the Walgreens parking lot. We rode in silence.

I'm pregnant. I'm pregnant. I'm pregnant. I'm pregnant. I couldn't seem to say it enough.

"I'm pregnant." I said.

"Apparently." she replied.

I scoffed.

"Did you and Jeff ever...you know?"

Pretty much everyone knew about me and Jeff. We weren't exactly a secret anymore. Of course, we never really were.

Have we ever?

Ohmigod. Hawaii. He never put on a condom...

"Yes. Once." I said.

"Did you use protection?"

I hesistated before replying "No."

She laughed. "Smooth one Sapphy."

I think she was kind of shocked that she actually called me that. Only my friends call me that.

"Shut up Dee."

We were both silent for a second, then we began laughing.

"What are you going to tell Jeff??"

"I don't know."

What was I going to tell Jeff? I mean, his child was inside me, right now. We didn't plan this. We just admitted our feelings for one another not even a month ago.

Okay. So I don't know what I'm going to tell Jeff. I do know one thing though...

Stupid Hawaii.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment. Comment. Comment. Comment...

I think you get it. =D

Subscribe...pleaseee.
lol

More soon!