Paper Hearts

New Plans

Why did the snack room always have bruised apples? I mean seriously, who wants to eat a bruised apple? I sure don’t, there disgusting. Besides the bruised apple, I was actually pretty happy. I was in New York, my hometown. Shannon was finally asked to do something so his following me ceased. The world was in perfect harmony for once, am I starting to sound like a hippie?

I sat at the far end of one of the tables in the room. At the other end a few of the divas were talking. It was the perfect spot for me to ease drop and catch up on my reading.

The book was just getting interesting when Mickie said: “I have a date with Jeff.”

She didn’t just say that, did she?

I slid over next to the girls sitting there and tried to get her to spill. Cause in case you haven’t noticed, Sapphire doesn’t tell me much about her and Jeff.

“Really, Mickie?” I asked, trying hard not to be shocked.

“Yeah, but why would you want to know?” She hissed at me, she was cornering, no not like that, but in the way that I had to come up with a good excuse, fast.

I really thought about it, what did I have that she might need? Good hair, but she could really use that. Good taste in fashion, but why would she- wait….she could use that! “Well Mickie, I just thought that sense you were going out I could find something really cute for you to wear, something Jeff would love to see you in.”

She thought about it. Her eyes showed that she was mentally going through her closet. I could only hope she didn’t think she could pull something off without my help.

“Well I guess I could use our help.” She replied.

“Great. So when is this date of yours?”

“Saturday. He’s taking me to a French restaurant, called Madame Fleaure’s. Or something like that, I forgot.” I must have laughed a little when she said this, cause she gave a dirty look.

“I’m not trying to be rude, Its just that the owner is a close friend of the family,” So close in fact my mother is his sister. Revenge was going to be easy if Uncle Emanuel was involved. “anyways, I have to go.”

I found my way to Sapphy’s room. Banged on the door until someone answered the door. I cant say it was Sapphire, cause something was to glum about the person to be her. However this person looked identical to her, so I’m guessing she knew about the whole Mickie thing already.

Being sympathetic has never really been one of the things I’ve excelled in, so it was only natural for me to expect that Sapphire wanted this revenge as much as I did.

So I explained it all out for her, starting with nine words.

“I know how your going to get him back.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long to post. i promise to stop being such a procrastinator.