Know Your Enemy

Chapter 5: In the Halls

The next day, Logan was at it again. I saw him in the science hall harassing little Zade with his cronies.

"Hey, princess," Logan shoved Zade; he gave him a plastic silver tiara, "I thought this would go perfect with your outfit," his cronies laughed, "Ah," he sighed, "my ball sack's really sore. Wanna suck it for me?"

Zade was red in the face; defenseless. The cronies resembled hyenas; they were in hysterics at the scene.

"Come on, queen," he nudged Zade, "I know you'd like it. My cock in your mouth would be -"

"- hey!" Gabriel to the rescue; he ushered his brother away so that he was face-to-face with Logan, "You leave him alone. He's done nothing to you."

Logan was taken aback. He exchanged looks with his gang.

"Whoa!" said Logan, putting his hands up in retreat, "Relax, brother. It was all in good -"

"Leave - him - alone."

One of his cronies, Roger McCoy, put his arm over Gabriel's shoulder, "Man, you know we was just playin' with the kid! We'd never do him no harm, right?"

The cronies all shook their heads in agreement. A group of students had gathered around, gawking to see if a fight would emerge. Gabriel merely rolled his eyes and loosened himself away from Roger's grasp.

"If I see you - any of you," Gabriel pointed at Logan's crew, "touch my brother one more time -"

Logan's slut of the week, Sasha, laughed, "What? You gonna beat us all up? Get yourself suspended in the process? You're no threat." She flipped her long black hair with confidence.

There was fire in Gabriel's eyes; hands balled into fists, "Just watch it . . ." he growled to them defensively, "Come on, Zade - mom needs us to pick up the car from the shop . . ." and the two brothers disappeared down the hallway.

Slowly, I shut my locker and as I turned to leave, I made sure to flip the bird to Logan who was about to lip-lock with his girlfriend.