You're Feeling Numb, from All That Has Become, It Leaves Your Gums, Slips Down Your Tongue and Travels Fast Down Towards Your Lungs

Down With the Sickness

I loved the way his car drove so smoothly. I was enjoying the ride when Max turned down the music that was blaring through the speakers. He then said, "You know...you have an amazing voice." I blushed. "I don' think it was that good..." I trailed off. "Are you kidding me, didn't you see all the people cheering for you?" "Um well I just thought that they were just being polite." I said lowly. "You were great Elli! Have you have considered singing professionally?" He asked. I couldn't believe this, Max Green thinks that I am good enough to sing professionally, this must be some kind of joke. Maybe I am on Punk'd, yeah that must be it. "Well..I-I mean I've always wanted to, but everyone has their dreams." "You shouldn't give up on your dreams, especially when you have talant to fullfil them." I smiled. "Thank you.." It was silent for a few minutes, but it was a comfortable silence. "Are you busy tommorow?" He asked out of the blue. "Umm no I don' think so. How come?" "I was wondering if you wanted to go with me to the ETF cd signing in Tahoe, that way you could meet all the guys. If you want to, that is." I couldn't help but smile. "That would be awesome!" I said trying to hide how excited I was, which is very unlike me. "You sure your dad'll let you?" I laughed "Of course he will" I said in a matter-of-fact way and he chuckled.

For the rest of the drive to my dad's house we blasted the stereo and we were both singing along and laughing at ourselves. It felt so...right. Like we had been friends our whole life, when in reality we had only known eachother for like two hours. I directed him through the streets of Hangtown, and eventually we pulled into the drive of a good sized dark red house. My dad's house. He got out and opened the door for e, like any gentleman would do. I asked "You wanna come in?" He grinned, "Are you sure I don't wanna intrude." "You're coming in" I demanded laughing, dragging him through the front door. "Dad!?" I yelled. "yeah sweetie heyelled out from his room. "Come out here I want you to meet someone." "Oh is it your friend that you meet today?-" he asked rounding the corner. "Elli, you never told me your friend was a guy." he said eyeing Max suspisciously. I laughed nervously. "Umm well dad this is, Max Green, he's the bassist for that band I like, You know Escape the Fate. I showed you some of their songs..." i said trying to explain the situation. "So your telling me you brought back a celebrity, Elli how stupid do you think I am?" He said. i sighed "Fine I'll prove it" I said walking over to my dad's laptop that was open on the countertop. I opened up google images and showed him the pictures of ETF. "See dad, he is Max Green." Max stood there awkwardly as my dad looked from the computer screen and back to his face. "Holy shit! How the hell did you get a celebrity to give you a ride home?!" He asked astonished. I shook my head, "Dad... He has a name" Max held out his hand politely to shake hand with my father. "It's a pleasure to meet you sir, I was wondering if I could take your daughter with me to a cd signing so that she could meet the rest of the band? She wouldn't be out too late, it's in Tahoe." Max asked politely. "Sure thing' my dad said. "Where are you staying at?" My dad asked trying to start a conversation. "Well I'm not sure, Im gonna find a hotel around here." max said. "Nonsense, why don't you stay here." "I could possibly, I don't wanna be a burden." "I owe you for taking my daughter home." My dad insisted. "Alright if you're sure." wow I couldn't believe this, Max green was going to spend the night at my house. Most girls my age would go balistic and call al their friends right away and spread the word, but not me. Although he was a famous bass player, I though of him more like an average really sweet guy. The famous part was just a pluss I guess. Dad brought me out of my thinking, "Elli Max is gonna stay on the couch so you can sleep downstairs with Patricia." Patricia was Lauren's daughter, she was my age and lives in the apartment under the house because we live on a hill the apartment is still level with the ground. "Alright that's fine, as long as Max doesn't mind sleeping on a couch?" I directed my question toward Max. "I don't mind at all,, crashed on many couches, I find them comfortable."

Shortly after we had arrived, Lauren and Patricia came home with two boxes of pizza. I explained to them about Max and Patricia was going crazy over Max and she reminded me of the 'Sharks' from Costco. But non-the-less she was like a sister to me, and I knew that it was only in her teenage nature to react like that, I guess I lack the nature. We all sat and ate our pizza. they all bombarded Max with questions and I felt really bad, I kept giving the my family members looks that said 'lay off' but they just ignored me. I sighed. "Well I'm going to go take a shower" I said slipping out of my chair, finishing before everyone elese, because I had only one piece. "Don't harrass him to much while I'm gone" I said. Walking into the bathroom and taking my hot shower.

I tried to make the shower quick. And then shut of the warm water that was soothing my tense muscles I watched as the last little bit of water spat out of the shower head. I sighed and wrapped a towel around my newly aquired slender figure. I dried off and then put on my pajamas . I brushed my hair and then let it hang to air dry. I finished up with brushing my teeth and washing my face with facewash foam.

I walked out of the bathroom and to my surprise they weren't smoothering Max, they were playing rockband in the living room, I sighed in relief. I walked into the room. "Hey guys." I said. Max was the only one to reply, because everyone else was to focussed on watching him get one hundred percent on the bass. He didn't even miss a note when he looked up to say. "Hey, you wanna play? Patricia was playing drums, Lauren on guitar, my dad was watching and Max was on bass of course. "Sure" "Good we need a singer" he said turning and smiling at me as he finished the song. I gave a small half smile back. He handed me the microphone and he picked a song. The song was "Down With the Sickness" He smirked "I wanna see you sing this." he said. Hmm..this was a hard song to sing, but I loved singing it. He's in for it. I smirked as I started singing. In the end I finished with 99%, Patricia 91%, Lauren 87%, and Max 100%. He said "Wow didn't think, you'd be able to sing that." I laughed. "Never underestimate me" I said with an innocent smile. He chuckled. We continued playing for a couple of hours and I was surprised that I could still sing, I was sure that I would have lost my voice by now, Max had made it his goal to find a song that I couldn't sing, but I got all of them in the high 90s except for one I got an 89% but still. It had gotten late and so my dad and Lauren heading to their bedroom. My dad told me to go downstairs with Patricia. I don't know if it was just me but my dad was acting a little strange and I don't think it has anything to do with me bringing Max home, I don't know, I'm probably just being paranoid, like always. I went to the closet and got a pillow and blanket for Max and set it down on the couch. "Here, if you get cold, there are more blankets in the hall closet." "Hey, why do you usually sleep on the couch?" he asked in concern. I laughed a little, "'Vause we're in the middle of redoing it, we are removing the carpet replacing it with hardwood flooring, because the dogs destroyed it." Oh yeah I forgot to mention our three dogs a pitbul/rot/lab/catahoula mix, Lab/healer mix, and rat terrier. Luckily they all greeted Max happily and didn't have a problem with the stranger in our house. "And we're gonna paint it to." "Oh thats cool" he said. "Well if you need anything, I'll be downstairs. Good night." He surprised me with a hug and then pulled apart. "Thank you Elli" I don't know what it was but the way he said my name, it made my heart melt. No Elli you can not do this to yourself he's a rockstar, he doesn't really care about you, he just needs a place to crash. I gave a small smile and headed to the backdoor.

I layed down in the spare twin bed that Patricia had in her room. I tossed and turned, I had this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach and I just could not get comfortable. I finally gave up on sleep and went outside. Quietly I crept up the stairs to our back porch that narrowly wrapped around the back of our red house until it got to my rom where it spread out to a larger area of porch. I tiptoed down the narrow walkway trying not to disturb anyone. when I reached the larger portion of the porch I sat and hung my feet over the ledge. I always came here when i couldn't sleep. I looked up and through the dense treetops there was a small opening that the almost full moon shown through. I began to sing quietly and softy. This was a very common thing for me to do when I couldn't sleep which seemed to be very frequently lately. I don't know how long I had been singing for but I think it was a whilke because the position of the moon was a lot further than the first time I looked at it. I wasn't paying attention when I heard this sound of a dog squeekie toy, I looked up thinking that it was just one of our dogs but to my surprise standing there was max, he must have stepped on the dog toy. "You have an amazing voice" he seems to be saying that a lot lately, maybe it's some sick joke, but somehow it felt nice to be complimented. "Thank you.." I said and then a question popped up in my head. "H-how long have you been standing there?" I asked. He put his hand on the back of his neck. "Uhm about a half hour." I was shocked that he had been there for so long without me taking notice to him. I don't know what it is, but when I sing it's like everything else is irrelevant, like I have created my own world that nobody but myself can destroy. "Why didn't you say something?" I questioned, curious as to why he would stand there for half an hour. "Uhm I didn't want you to stop singing. "oh" was all I could say. It was silent for a minute or so. I patted the spot next to me signaling him to sit down. And he did. "Sorry if i woke you up" I said feeling a little guilty. He smiled. "No, you didn't wake me up, I was going to get a blanket out of the closet and I heard you singing so I came out here, what are you doing out here anyways?" "I dunno I just couldn't sleep and this is where I always go when I can't sleep." I shrugged. "Oh how come you couldn't sleep?' He asked a little conserned but why would Max fucking Green be conserned for me? I really don't understand him. "I dunno I haven't been able to sleep much lately, no big deal." "Well you're going to fucking freeze out here, your wearing short shorts and its frickem cold!!" he exclaimed. I hadn't noticed how cold it was until he had mentioned it. I looked at my exposed legs and they were covered in goosebumps I also hadn't noticed that I had been shivering. Max got up and grabbed a blanket that he had sat on the ground when he first came out. Nad draped it over my shoulders, sitting back down beside me. I gave him some of the blanket and we talked for a long time when I felt the blackness take over me, as I fell asleep against his shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't intend to wait so long to update I'm sorry. But here it is chapter two, I spent many hours working on it. And I know that it's a little slow right now, but there is a lot of drama that is yet to come, I tend on making this a long story,thats why it's going so slow, and a lot of things are important to be put in there. The rest of the band comes in the next chapter Yay! Enter Craig,Bryan, and Robert. :)

Thank you so much for the comments and subscriptions, they mean the world to me, and inspire me to keep writing.

Big thanks to my awesome commenters you guys rock! <333

~Otter_Jerry_Radke
~nox
~AmzRoxLuvsMusic
~maxgreengirl