You're Feeling Numb, from All That Has Become, It Leaves Your Gums, Slips Down Your Tongue and Travels Fast Down Towards Your Lungs

Babies?

I woke up expecting to be on the hard floor of my back porch, but to my surprise I awoke to the warmth of the bundle of blankets draped over me, consumed by the comfort of the spare bed in Lauren's room. I let the memories of last night settle in and assumed that Max had put me in my bed after I fell asleep on his shoulder. I felt bad for putting that burden on him, but pushed aside the guilt as I thrusted my legs over the edge of the bed. And stretched my arms out, although I had only recieved a couple of hours it felt good, I felt so much more energy, now that I had recieved some sleep after my many sleepless nights.

I walked out of Patricias room quietly, trying no to wake, the still sleeping Patricia. I walked down the steps toward the second level of our back yard you see our yard had three levels, the first being a small lawn and an unfinshed patio with a hot tub, the second consisting of just tall grass, with a path that led to the third which was a fenced in small pasture. I walked down to the third level and opened the rundown chicken coop door and pulled out a scoop full of oats, I could hear my 'babies' calling to me. I walked to the fence and opened the gate only to be jumped on by my eager baby mini (pigme) goats. They loved me and loved to eat, I poured the oats into their trough and they quickly started stuffing themselves. My three little goats were my babies I adored them and they loved me back, they would cry out everytime, they saw or heard me. Their names were Bell, Esme, and Little Alice. (yes i named them after twilight characters, but the names just seemed to fit)

It was still very early around 5:30 and the sun was still pretty low. I knew that no one else would be awake in the house, with the exception of Lauren who had already left for work, and decided that it would be best not to wake anyone so I stayed in the pasture I went down the slope of the pasture to a little ledge that held a tree and layed in the long grass. Soon afterward the goats finished their oats and came down and layed beside me grazing the grass and occasionally chewing on my shirt. I had brought my messanger bag out with me and pulled out a sketch book and pencil and began to sketch random pictures. It was odd, because I was all punk loved rock music dressed in mostly dark colors, yet I'm laying here in the grass with my goats, it just seemed out of character, but i was never one for being ordinary, infact I opposed the idea, I was always different, for better or for worse. At least I was always my own person. I don't know how long I had layed there but I was laying there, resting my back against the tree with Alice laying on my stomach, when I heard the crunching of leaves, I looked up to see one of our three dogs running along the fence wanting to come in to chase the goats. It was our giant lab/healer mix, although he was only a year old and the puppy of our family, but he was so large and growing. I knew instantly that everyone in the house was awake, because when our dog, Baka, was awake everyone else was, because he made it his job to make sure everyone wakes up when he does, and he won't leave you alone until you are awake. I laughed at the goofiness of our clumsy giant.

I reluctantly brought myself to my feet giving poor little Alice quite the start. The goats protested as I walked toward the gate, not wanting me to leave them. I hugged each of them and then made my way toward the house, Baka clumsily following at my heals, tripping over his own feet. I looked up at the porch to see Max watching me. He does that a lot. I wonder how long he's been there, probably since Baka woke him up, he looks a little tired. I gave him a small smile and then jogged toward the steps of the porch, Baka taking it as a challenge,raced up the steps crashing into Max on the porch, he stumbled back but luckily caught himself before he could fall. "Baka!" I yelled and he crouched down looking up at me with pleading eyes I sighed and patted his head. "I'm sorry about him." "That's alright, he's just playing" Max replied calmly. "Did he wake you up?" I questioned knowing the answer. "Yeah, he wouldn't leave me alone. " I laughed nervously "Yeah sorry bout that, I probably should have warned you about him. "It's all good." He gave me a sincere smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for such a wait, my friend was stayin at my house for a few days while her parents were out of town, so I didn't have time to postthis, although I already had it written ^^||| Oh and sorry for the shortness its a lame chapter I know.

Big thanks goes to my commenteers

Maxgreengirl
Otter_Jerry_Radke
etfrocks2013

And if you should really go read this Max Green story, it's really cool.