Anaethetize This

Part One.

Image

A screeching giggle, the delirious pitch of someone coming off a high found its way into the night. The culprit ignorant to the fact that such sounds were unwelcome during the early hours of the morning, it wasn’t safe to let know your current weakness on the streets of Iowa - they didn’t care though.

Another giggle, another pained ear drum twinging.

The sound of boots and heels walked simultaneously together, their owners hanging tightly onto each other as they staggered in what seemed like a straight line to their fogged minds - really it was more like tracing the shape of a crazy straw.

More giggles.

The magenta curtain which hung across the window to the main bedroom of number thirty-three pulled back, an aging woman squinted, looking down at the street to see a boy and a girl walking in the middle of the road - the disturbances of a needed Monday morning sleep. A hiss passed through her teeth, the curtain fell back across the window as another giggle introduced itself to the world.

The girl’s knees gave way; she fell to the hard concrete bringing her companion with her.

Giggles.

The girl’s head spun; a familiar feeling which her body now screamed for every waking moment. The boy swayed, pushing himself to his knees he looked down at the girl with glassy eyes - they weren’t caused just by the effects of tonight’s antidote either.

“You’re so pretty,” he slurred, falling forward and crashing on top of the girl’s body. He lay on top of her in the middle of the road their fingers looped together; their tongues began the lustful exercise which sent heated euphoric thrills spiralling through them.

A moan.

The girl turned her head to the side, her fingers pushed against the boys numb lips, both their chests were rising and falling rapidly.

“I need more,” she breathed out, her body felt like it was sinking into the ground beneath; feelings that she craved began to drain away. The boy rolled off her, lying with his back against the cool road by her side; his hand dove deep into his jeans pocket in search of the thing that bound the two together.

His fingers brushed against it.

“Not here though,” his rationality said, extracting his hand from the thick material compartment. Pushing himself to his knees once more, he looked down again at the girl who lay so picturesquely before him. The first shake struck her body like an ice skater who never learnt to stop and barrels instead into the rinks outer edge.

A gasp.

The girls back arched, the boy taking the opportunity to slide his arm underneath her, drawing her skeletal frame to his protectively. Her nails dug into his black leather jacket as he used the last of his strength to pull both of them to their feet; he had at least a few more minutes before his high washed away.

Blurred vision did not hinder him in his search for a safe house, spotting the abandoned carcass of what was left of a hundred year old house almost immediately. The girls head lolled back, her heel clad feet dragged along the ground; her whole body felt anaesthetized.

Passing the wrought iron gate, the leafless oak and the headless angel fountain to the right, the boy kicked at the graffiti masked front door - the lock had been broken years ago. Adjusting his grip they stumbled into the dark abode, the slow steady sound of a leaking pipe was all that could be heard. A sensation began to rise up inside him, freezing his insides from the core.

He gasped.

A violent shudder erupted inside, his legs wobbled forward as quickly as they could; giving way just as they connected with what was left of a moth ridden couch. The pair fell onto it, sinking easily in to the exposed foam. They breathed heavily in unison, the girl shook again.

Moan.

“Give it to me,” she wheezed hoarsely. The boy’s hand once again dug into his pocket, this time drawing out the life support they both yearned. The girl’s piercing blue eyes watched hungrily as the boy extracted two white pills from a small plastic bag. Extending out a shaking hand she snatched up on of them and popped it into her mouth, sinking almost immediately in relief to the dirty floor. The boy followed in pursuit, soon both where staring blankly at the wall across from them, waiting mindlessly for the effects to kick in.

“Fuck Joey,” the girl breathed after a few moments had passed, the boy smiled lopsidedly and let his head fall to the right, looking at the girl whose eyes were closed, her body soaking up every stimulation that coursed through it. His muscles tensed up suddenly, he took a sharp intake of breath before they relaxed, the drug induced elation hitting him, his eyes closed.

More moments of mindless silence followed, broken by the girl getting to her feet, a fire in her eyes. Bending down and lightly slapping Joey across the face causing his eyes to fly open, she twirled on the spot and let out another giggle when she lost her balance.

“I feel so fine,” she laughed fanatically, spinning around again to prove her point. Joey smiled helplessly at her antics and got to his feet, wrapping his arms around her waist tightly and nuzzling his face into her neck with a low growl. The girl pushed him away and waggled her finger dramatically in the air.

“If you’re after something Mister Jordison you’ll have to catch me first,” she teased, her words coming out as more of a ramble. Joey’s face adorned a wicked glint momentarily; the girl squealed and turned on the spot, running up the rickety staircase as fast as she could, ricocheting off one wall and into the next as she went.

She tripped onto the second floor landing giggling again, picking herself up she tore open the first door she came across and fell inside finding herself staring at a broken bathroom mirror. She paused, enough time for Joey to come in behind her and wrap his arms once more around her waist.

“By God we’re sexy,” he joked as they both stared at their reflection; he leant his chin on the girls shoulder and purred seductively. She shrugged him off and turned so they were facing each other; her eyes now mirrored the wicked glint Joey’s had minutes before.

“Let’s play bloody Mary,” she demanded, knowing that she could make him do whatever she wanted. Joey looked uneasy as he glanced at the mirror and then back at the girl; rationality fought its way to the front of his mind once again.

“I don’t think we should mess with that shit especially given where we are…” he trailed off; they both looked out onto the landing; Joey in apprehension and the girl in morbid excitement. She rolled her eyes when he looked back at her and pulled away from him, bringing her lighter from her pocket she flicked it on and stood in front of the mirror.

“Don’t do it Celeste,” Joey warned, Celeste ignored him though, staring directly into the mirror and opening her mouth clearly.

“Bloody Mary,” she spun around.

“Seriously Celeste,” he pleaded.

“Bloody Mary,” she spun around again.

“I’m not staying here if something happens to you,” he tried.

“Bloody Mary,” she stopped in front of the mirror and stared deep into it. A foreboding silence fell over them. Joey shuffled back in fear, Celeste’s eyes narrowed. The tension pressed painfully against them, all pill effects forgotten.

They waited.

It was the second they were both about to let out a sigh, one of relief on Joey’s part; that it happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
There are three parts to this story. I hope it entertains you =]