Anaethetize This

The End.

Image

Joey blinked, sunlight falling onto his limp body form the window to his right. Lazily slapping an arm over his eyes he turned away from the sunlight, his head falling onto the shoulder of his companion; they were both rested against the couch.

Celeste yawned, nudging Joey off her she sat up, rubbing her eyes tiredly - looking around sleepily. It was until she realised where exactly she was that her heart began to race, turning to Joey she shook him hastily.

“Get up,” she hissed impatiently, Joey groaned and against his body’s wants he sat up; repeating the same ritual Celeste had; his eyes going wide by the end. Turning slowly to Celeste, he opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out, he didn’t know what to say.

“Let’s go,” Celeste said quickly, he needn’t fight it. Together they stumbled to their feet, walking as quickly as they dared without turning into a run they made their way to the front door, throwing it open they both fell out into the morning light; together letting out a breath of relief, they laughed uneasily together.

“Some night ay?” Celeste joked lightly; there were no humour behind her words though.

“Yeh…some night,” Joey replied softly. Taking each others hand they began to walk down the uneven pathway towards the street, they stopped suddenly half way down though, Joey freezing and pulling Celeste backwards.

“What?!” she snapped in annoyance at him, Joey didn’t reply straight away. Letting go of her hand and turning back towards the house his eyes went wide in horror.

“Do you notice anything different?” he asked slowly, Celeste rolled her eyes and folded her arms.

“Like what?” she sighed, face going sour. Joey looked to his right, then to his left, then grabbed Celestes shoulders and made her stand facing the house straight on.

“Like the fact that last night that fountain and that tree were on the right and now they are on the left?” he suggested, Celeste merely snorted and pulled away from his grasp.

“Joey you were off your face last night you probably got confused,” she said, brushing past him she began to walk back towards the road, stopping only when she didn’t hear Joey’s footsteps following. With another annoyed sigh she turned around and watched him run his fingers through his long hair stressfully for a moment.

“No,” he whispered slowly, back going rigid.

“No what?” Celeste asked, stepping forward in fear. “Joey, no what?” she repeated more forcefully. Joey didn’t reply though, running back up the path and kicking open the door he disappeared back into the house. Swearing under her breath Celeste spat on the ground then followed her soon-to-be-ex boyfriend.

By the time she made it in the front door Joey was already at the top of the stairs disappearing into the bathroom. Pulling her jacket tighter around her, she gritted her teeth and stomped up the stairs.

“Joey I’m going to kill you,” she yelled, making it to the top of the stairs she turned into the bathroom and found Joey staring into the mirror.

“Too late,” he whispered when she entered, furrowing her brow she stepped closer and peered into the mirror to see what he was looking at.

“No,” she whispered staring into it, looking onto a reflection that wasn’t theirs, or at least wasn’t the one meant to be there. Laughter spun around their heads mockingly, Celeste fell to the tiles shaking, but Joey continued to stare, unable to break away from the image of their unmoving bodies - Celestes against the bath and his out in the hallway.

Bloody fucking Mary
♠ ♠ ♠
The legend claims that the evil woman can be summoned by chanting "Bloody Mary" into a mirror anywhere from three to one-hundred times in a darkened room lit only by a candle. (Thirteen seems to be the most popular number of chants, appropriately so.) The bathroom is the most popular setting to test out the legend, but other dark rooms seem applicable.

After the given amount of chants, the spirit will then appear in a mirror and claw your eyes out and death will follow. Other variations have her driving you insane or pulling you into the mirror[u/], never to be seen again.