Shadow in the Dark - An Assassin's Tale

When someone needs to be dealt with, this story's main character is the go-to guy (or gal, in this case). Any circumstance, any target, she will neutralize them...for a cost.

Told from the first-person point of view, this is a story that describes situation to a large extent, letting the reader visualise the situation, and practically feel their finger on the trigger, knife, throat, etc...whatever the case may be. (I hope...)

Written to have a humorous aspect as well (albeit dark humour) This story should be appealing to a wide range of readers.

Based off of films and stories such as "The Professional" and "Grosse Point Blank", it should be a gripping tale, delivering the thrill you've been looking for.

Author Information: I am a nationally-qualified Marksman, placing first in the DCRA (Dominion of Canada Rifle Association) (Canadian NRA) Competition (in 2007), I do know what I'm talking about when it comes to guns and aiming.

As well, I have participated in many military Survival, SAR, and Ops Exercises, giving me a more than average insight into stealth, weapons, and other militaristic aspects of the story.

I am also an avid Knife enthusiast.

I have other qualities, too, but those are the ones related to this particular story.
  1. Down the Stairs...
    An introduction to the assassin, main character of this story, including a brief demonstration of her skills, and the death of one victim.
  2. Distance is Important...
    A ranged kill in this chapter, from a rooftop to a path below...further demonstrating the assassin's skills.
  3. How was Work?
    Wherein we find out something of our assassin's identity, home life, and cooking skills.
  4. Complications...
    Wherein creativity is used, several more die, and an enemy becomes apparent.
  5. Promise, Promises...
    Promises are exchanged, and preparations made.
  6. One Down...
    She begins to gain her revenge, getting at an agent of the company - capturing and starting to torture him.
  7. Reveal your secrets...
    Here, she tortures the enemy agent she captured in the previous chapter. WARNING - THIS CHAPTER IS GRAPHIC!