Get real

Up to heaven (Not here)

"The towers of London, these crumbling
rocks
Reality estates that the hero's got"

But that was 6 years ago, and I was just a kid.
I had no idea of the consequences it would hold. I had no idea why it would matter at all. At first the atmosphere was so strange, that I froze for a few seconds. I didn't even noticed Richard coming out of the library. I didn't even heard him yelling at me. I didn't even looked at Rita and her son. I was a kid!! Ten years old, for gods sake! How was I supposed to know what it meant?
But things changed.

"And every hour's maked by the chime of a clock
And whatcha gonna do when the darkness surrounds?"

"What's your excuse?? Are you going to say anything at all? Apologize, go to your mother and ask for forgiveness!" My dad screamed at me, trying to get me out of my trance, and he did. My reaction however, was not the expected, not even by myself.

"I'm.. I wont apologize.." I whispered in such a low voice, I guess I was scared about me. I just returned back to hall, and dragged my feet to my room. I was mentally exhausted, but I couldn't sleep. Nor I could lay on my bed, it felt wrong... It felt dirty.
I sat on the balcony all night long, have you ever saw the sunrise in the Tamesis? A day before it would have been beautiful, but it seemed fake, all the houses and buildings around, seemed so unreal. The whole scene made me feel uneasy.

"You can piss in the lifts which have broken down
You can watch from the debris the last bedroom light
We're invisible here just past midnight"

So I stayed there, all night long. Funny thing, it didn't felt like "night" , the city was in calm, but there were people in it, and they're existence was far to clear even in the dark. Around 4 o'clock however, the city fell into some sort of darkness, even when there were lights, the ones walkign by, seemed invisible to my eyes. Invisible to my life style. The spell lasted for an hour or so, and from 4 to 5 I could barely see the sad soul passing by. I was oblivious to the insides, my mind drift into the city. Into this invisible ones. I told to myself that these were "Subhumans"

"The wives hate their husbands and their husbands don't care
Their children daub slogans to prove they lived there"

"Gwen!!" That was the first time that my parents called me that way. I used to be "Wendy" their sweet girl. I sighed to my own, wondering what else could change.

"Gwen!!" Again a name of a stranger. Maggie would have laughed to hear someone calling me a different way, I was "Wendy" always, waiting for Peter. Maggie was my best friend at St. Mary's. I wished I would have said goodbye.

"Gwen!" This time I heard someone breaking in my bedroom. It was not my mother, or my father. It was the nanny "June" she had always called me Wendy to. I guess my parents made the change.

"Wendy! Oh dear mother of god, What are you doing out there? You are going to get a cold!" Her gentle voice revealed her worry, and I smiled thinking it would be hard for her to treat me different.
She opened the doors, and step behind me, raising her arms to hold me. "Oh Wendy, I mean Gwen, You, is it? Oh girl I heard the whole thing" She paused as if wondering if It was okay, to speak about it. I nodded silently and she continued more sympathetically " Dear girl, your mom is furious! She sent for your stuff at St. Mary's, She is pulling you into a private school!"
My jaw dropped to the floor, No more St. Mary's??

"Are you serious?" My whole body was trembling, and I guess my voice too.
June didn't answered, but just hugged me tight. I said nothing else, and just sighed. I let her lead me to my room, as she opened the curtains and pointed to a uniform hanging in my dressing room. I just stared at it through the glass door. A short black skirt, with a symbol on the left. It looked like a sword with a snake around it. There was a white long sleeved shirt to, and white socks with it.
I reached for it and undressed as quickly as I could, placed all the clothes on their place, and put the shoes on. June helped me with all buttons, and ribbons around it, she lanced at me. And just patted me on the shoulder.
"Oh I almost forgot" She said in alarm and turned to the dressing gawn, searching something. Piling stuff aside.
"Here" She took out a black hat that to me seemed like Jack the ripper's, and she gave it to me.

"A giant pipe organ up in the air
You can't live in a home which should not have been built
By the bourgeoisie clerks who bear no guilt"

I went down those white marmol stairs, into the lobby, the ceiling was so bloody tall, with oval windows on the top, and there was a red velvet carpet all over the floor. The place was wide and looked like made for fancy proms. The walls were covered on wood panels, and the semi circled room faced directly towards the entrance.
To the right there were some more marmol steps, leading to a gigantic room, with wooden doors. The dinning room, with a large olm made table. The doors were usually open and my parents would have breakfast at eight o'clock always.

"When the wind hits this building this building it tilts
One day it will surely fall to the ground..."
Fear is just another commodity here
They sell us peeping holes to peek when we hear"

Not this time. The doors were sealed to my sight, and the lamps hanging from the walls, were all turn off. I looked around and to the left were I met more closed doors, this were the living room's.

"A bang on the door resoundingly clear
Who would really want to move in here?"

In front of me on the round caoba table, with a gleaming jar of flowers on it. Right next there was a red school bag, that I recognized as my own. I went to the door grabbing it on my way, knowing the chauffeur would be waiting outside.

"The children play faraway, the corridors are bare
This room is a cage its like captivity
How can anyone exist in such misery?"

And outside on the garden s a limousine waited for me. With Jeeves the chauffeur leaning on it. There were bags below his eyes and he seemed sleepy and pale.

"It has been said not only here"

He had probably traveled in the night too, and he had probably had an hour or two, before he would have to take me to school.

"Hy" I said trying to sound kind, see if the mans apparent misery could be dissolved.
"Hy Gwen" His voice seemed more tired than his state had showed, and I understood it would take lot more to easy his misery.

"Allianza dollars are spent
To raise the towering buildings
For the weary bones of the workers
To go back in the morning
To be strong in the morning"