Get real

Overground a rudimentary neverland

"Got to give up life in this netherworld
got to (gonna) go up to where the air is stale"

"Blast? I like it, I'm actually Billy" He said punctuating the Y on 'Billy'. He couldn't be more than couple of years older than me. 'Billie' the beer can of his hand was flailing as he gave a quick look around. I had never been in a place like that. I had never even been into a pub.

I gazed around. The place was to bloody small to hold a band. Next to the platform on the left I could see bar benches and a large bar full of beer cans and smokes. Some folks were siting around a coffee table on the back. Everyone has white ripped shirts and leather, I had never seen so much leather, and these people they were waiting for something.
Their lips all seemed to be ready to shout something, somehow.

"and live a life of pleasantries
(and) mingle in the modern families"

"So you are that high class, stylished, and refined relative Will has been talking about?" He was staring at me as if he had suddenly realized I wasn't desirable. Billy remarked each of the words to make them sound as an insult. At that time I knew very few about classes, or the hate between them.

"Are you blaming me for the mom and dad I've got?" I must have sounded so out of place, but I wanted to seem the most defiant and impertinent. The words came out of nowhere anyway, and he must have thought I was interesting...

"Overground-from abnormality
Overboard-for identity"

"Ok then Blast what are you doing around here?" He had an strange smile, holding alot of emotions in one expression. I remember I couldn't decide if it was a good or bad thing.

"Its her birthday, she liked the stooges so I thought she might like this." Will spoke in my defense through years he would become a symbol of what family should have been, and I never had a brother.

"Overground-for normality
Overboard-on identity"

Billy merely nodded and facing Will he pointed a corner among the amps, he greened at me lightly. I must say the scene couldn't confuse me more. I was just a kid that did not liked her parents ways, and it could have been it, if it wasn't for Billy. Four more guys climbed up the platform.
One of them was swirling the drum sticks on his hand his hair was short black and spiked, all over the place, like a freaking Indian Mohawk through all his hair, and I couldn't think of any cooler hair. The was a blonde one, he had red jeans and a tshirt that read "generation x". The third was a long haired brunette, who eyed me in low surprise.

"This limbo is no place
to be a digit (in)-Another space
in another crowd
I'm nameless bound"

Will lead me to the corner and helped me up an amp. He sat next to me.
"Don't pay much attention to Billy, he sees himself as a bloody rebel, anti-idol, and he can be a real moron, but just hear him sing..." He was having a beer that I had no idea where he got it from.
I didn't answered, I was about to hear the soundtrack of my generation and I was oblivious to it, but something inside me told me this was big.

"Overground-from abnormality
Overboard-for identity"

"We are the Garageband, as many of you know we still have no name. Tonight though we are just 'The banshees' "Billy said in a sneer and added gazing at us while pointing to the front "piss off" Next thing I knew he was slamming his shouts through the microphone, the guitar, bassist and drummer kicked in a second later.

"Overground-for normality
Overboard-on (for) identity"

Everything become Nothing, absolutely nothing. I couldn't think, I couldn't move, I couldn't talk to my own will. Something possessed over me, the same thing years ago made me defend a maid, the same thing that made me draw that pain, for a note it all perfectly matched. For just a second. His voice was tearing me apart and the guitar was carving from inside my own, the drums were my heart beat and the bass my conscience.

This was neverland, a rudimentary neverland.

"Overground-I'll be worse than me
Overground-it's clear to me
I'll be worse than me "

*********************************************
Before you say "generation x? siouxie and the banshees? "Its accurate you'll see later.