Get real

Not A Safe European Home

"well, i just got back an' i wish i never leave now
who dat martian arrival at the airport?"

A car horn claked down the street, right infront to the building. Somethign told me that was it. It could have been anyone, but when I heard the claxon I knew it. Call it instinct, call it recognizing your dad's car but I knew so, and it wasn't my dad's car.
Auntie Ginna had just come from work and was taking a nap. Will and Billy were gulping down vodka shots on the couch.

"How many local dollars for a local anaesthetic?
the johnny on the corner was a very sympathetic"

"Gwen!" My mothers pale and contorned face appeared through the door way, when Billy answered. She was pale and untiddy, eye bags below her eyes. Her blonde curls were tangled all aorund, and she was not wearing one of her prada dresses. She was just wearing a dotted red black dress, with a discret ribbon bun on the side. It was nothing like her. Her tone was desperated and she seemed disturbed.
Antoniette looked around with certain disgust and ran towards me. Both Billy and Will looked raging for this intromision, and her expression to the place. I was shocked, she was meesy, smelled dirty, looked tired.

"I went to the place where every white face is an
invitation to robbery"

"Lets Go! grabb all your things, and..." She frowned her nose gazing around "Lets get out of here now, your dad is waiting downstairs" She continued as she reached for my suitcase, opening it and throwing the things she knew as mine inside.
I remained sit on the couch, my eyes fixed blankly on her.

"Hurry" She stamped her feet on the ripped carpet, eyes intently focused on me. Her sight was gonna cut me up. She was not kidding.

"No" It was me, my clear voice, low yeah, murmured, yeah, but me. Billy was standing next to me and I did not looked at him, Will was sitting behind me, and I didn't even catched a glimpse out of him. It was me alone as it always shouldhave been.

"I'm not playing lets go!" Antoniette never shouted, not after that October night. I felt Will and Billy raise up behind me. Quite a fraternal thign, protection but I didn't wanted it. I wanted to stand on my own.

"Not until you give me one good reason" Mum stared at me with hatred with surprise, and something amazing "Respect, and Fear"

"An' sitting here in my safe european home
I don't wanna go back there again"

"I knew this filth would twist you, I knew it!" She fingered my chest, pointing at me and saying in an accusation way.
"Do you want an explanation? Your father just lost all our money, Do you want more explanations? I had to sell the house in order to get money to come back! Our new home is in the suburbans, in the suburbans!! So unless you can give me a good reason why we should pay extra money to the cab Get moving!"
What? was my first thought and I felt my mind numbing in. Her arguments gained me, and I nodded, and turned around to get my stuff. Billy and Will looked down at me I was the bloody coward, the weak little girl.

"Wasn't i lucky n' wouldn't it be loverly?
send us all cards, an' have a laying in on a sunday"

As I gathered my stuff, and prepared my suitcase, I was unable to meet their faces. Will holded me tight, stroking my fuzzy head and just murmuring "Bye Blast"

Billy helped me pack, placing the book on my backpack and kissing me on the cheek. Mum took me by the hand and forced me down. With all suitcase, bags, and packages. Auntie came out and hugged me, it was a confusive thing a sad hug. I had spent few time with these people and I already felt to have a great bound towards them.

"I was there for two weeks, so how come i never tell
that natty dread drinks at the sheraton hotel?"

I entered the yellow cab, with my dad sitting in the copilote side, and I hopped into the back seat with my mom pushing me inside. The morning was chilly, and I circled teh scarf around my neck. It a childs commandmetn to bring happiness in the hard times, and I tried to smile at my dad. Smile at his old suit and his failed sight.

"Now they got the sun, an' they got the palm trees
they got the weed, an' they got the taxis"

The building was left behind. The car rushe dinto the road and the cold morning passed through the cab. I just turned my attention into the road, trying to avoid the obious question in my head.
"What now?"

"Whoa, the harder they come, n' the home of ol' bluebeat
yes i'd stay an' be a tourist but i can't take the gunplay"