Symphony of the Underworld

Scherzo

“Hurry up professor! It’s already 3 now and you’re not even dressed yet!”

The professor that the girl was referring to sat still on the couch, flipping through the pages of the book he is holding titled 'The Greatest Mysteries of the Solar System'. The girl walked and stopped in front of him, and took the book from the so called professor.

“Professor Laurent, I told you that this is an important concert that we both have to attend to.”
“But Phi, only 7 more pages, it won’t take more than 15 minutes,” he begged.
“No-no, we’re going to be late if we don’t leave now!”
“Tch, fine then, whatever you say,” he said as he scratched his head and walked towards his room.

“I promise you won’t be disappointed by the concert!”

The professor that the girl called was Francis Laurent; a famous detective in the neighborhood (though he does not know that he is famous and is respected by the local police, he still acts a bit narcistic towards other people). The girl, Phileria Elsion, is his assistant. Rather than calling Francis ‘detective Laurent’, she prefers to just call him ‘professor Laurent’.

Francis and Phileria lives together in a mansion, away from the city life. Because Francis was lonely living alone in that mansion, he adopted Phileria when she was still 10 and brought her there. They lived together ever since, and is a very good team. Phileria is now 14 years old and helps the professor in solving the mysteries near them.

“This is unexpected,” Professor Laurent said as he exited his room. He was now wearing a black tuxedo with a red ribbon on his neck that isn’t tied yet.

“What’s unexpected, Professor?”
“Surprisingly, I look good in a tuxedo” he said smiling while tying his ribbon.
“Stop flattering yourself Professor, everyone looks good in a tuxedo.”
“Oh come one Phi, you know I do look good”
“*sighs* Let’s go Professor”

Well there you are, you might find that Professor Laurent is a quiet and cool type of guy, but he is narcistic and a laid back person inside.

***
“So who is this ‘Soledia Friagne’ guy you were talking about earlier?” Professor Laurent asked the purple haired girl beside himl.
“What?! You mean you didn’t listen to my long explanation?!”
“Well I was reading that book, you should’ve known better, Phi.”
“Arrgh, Friagne is my childhood friend and he’s going to perform in a concert today with his 4 friends today,” she said with a slightly irritated face.
“Are they in a band or something? You know that I don’t like those kinds of music.”
“Err, how should I put this...,” Phi put her hand on her chin and thought for a while. After a few seconds, she spoke. “Well they’re not that kind of band, they perform classical music. Friagne’s the violinist there, and his friends play other instruments.”
“Ah I see, well then I will be looking forward to the concert.”

***

The concert hall was very big, and there were a lot of people there. Looking at their clothes and jewelry, we can see that they are wealthy people that came here with their family and friends. Professor Laurent and Phileria exited the taxi they were in and went inside the concert hall. The floor was covered in a dark brown carpet, and the stage was covered by a red curtain so that no one can see what’s behind it. Everyone seems to enjoy themselves. They are, either standing and talking to their friends, or taking the seats that are aligned neatly in front of the stage.

Professor Laurent and Phileria went to the backstage, because Nuvola asked Phileria to go there before they take a seat. So they both went to the back stage. Surprisingly, there were only a few instruments there and only a couple of people backstage. There were about 7 people there, with 2 violins, 1 cello, and 1 piano there.

“So, where’s your friend, Phi?” asked Professor Laurent.

Before Phileria can reply, someone called her from across the room.

“Ah, Phi! Over here!” the boy said while waving a hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
I guess this is a good start, I'm really new to making a mystery story, so please correct me if I'm wrong. Comments are welcomed XD