Thank you for the venom

.1

The music blared, the lights flared. I coulden't help it, I got pulled in. My clothes drenched in sweat, up against a person I barley knew.
I couldent really tell what was going on. The amount of flashing lights was intense enough to send New York City into a never ending seizure, and the ecstacy, lets just say there was enough to put a smile on the face of every fish in the
ocean, you know, if fish could smile. I thought everything was going to be alright that night.
Well atleast until my head hit the dance floor. I passed out.

"That's all I remember sir" I said, looking down.

"Okay, miss you're going to have to stay here for the next few days" I looked at my room
too white and too clean for its own good. The only color there was, was in the TV and the gag-orific food. "Also, you have a room mate."
My doctor motioned to the bed next to me "Her name is Sophie, we also found her at the club that night. But she took much more ecstacy than you"

I looked over, black hair, bright blue eyes what a gorgeous girl. Why would she do that to herself? "She'll be awake soon, hopefully," the doctor
said walking out.

I sat there and watched TV for atleast 20 minutes before I heard any sounds from Sophie. I looked over at her "hmmm" I heard her say. "Hello are you awake?" I asked, almost at a whisper. But before she could answer back...

"Sophie! Sophie,honey, you're up!" A woman's estatic voice said "I've been so worried!" Sisters? no... Mother? deffinetly no... Best friends?...maybe... Girlfriend? She walked over and kissed sophie on the cheek.

"Oh, hi Gabby I'm sorry I worried you, but I'm fine" she smiled, slightly. "Fine? FINE?! you've been in the hospital for the past week and--"

"It's been a week?" I inturupted her yelling. Gabby turned and blushed

"I'm sorry miss I didn't see you" she gave me a half smile, I smiled back.

"Has it really been a week?" I asked again

"Yes, a very long worry-ful week" she replied, losing her smile.

"I'm sorry" Sophie said, "it was stupid of me to go that night" a few tears escaped her eyes.

"Why did you go that night?!" Gabby raised her voice again.

"I told you! I can't help it, its the only way I can get happy. don't you like it when I'm happy?" Sophie was full on crying now.

Gabby sighed "I love you wether you're happy sad or anything else!" she got louder "But you know I absolutly hate drugs!"

"Excuse me! please lower your voices" a nurse said popping her head in the door "Is everything okay?" I smiled at her.

"Yes everything's fine, we're just excited that Sophie's awake..." The nurse looked at me then gabby and Sophie... "okay" she walked down the hall.

"Thank you miss" Gabby said to me.

"Oh call me Ethika"