Sequel: Into Forever
Status: Updates Every Weekend (if not sooner)

Essential Hope

Chapter 16: New Found Interests

It had been a month since the first day of classes. More and more, things were starting to change.

Harry spent most of his time with Ginny, or visiting Professor Dumbledore. Ginny spent most of her time with Harry or her boyfriend, Dean, so you rarely saw either of them.

Hermione spent time with you occasionally, but only if you accompanied her to the library. She was so obsessed with N.E.W.T’s she hardly focused on anything else. Ron was always off working on quidditch moves, and never stopped to talk anymore because he was so busy rushing to practice or looking for Harry.

Fred was always with Katie, and I mean ALWAYS. They even slept in the same bed, which meant you could never get just Fred alone to talk to. Katie had learned to dislike you after hearing Fred talk about the times you spent together, and she had gotten good at pulling Fred away any time you needed to talk to him.

George also had a girlfriend, Angelina Johnson. Luckily, she had taken a liking to you, and she and George were really the only ones you hung out with on a regular basis. By now, George was an older brother to you, and Angelina was like an older sister. You only talked to Harry, Ron and Hermione during classes now, and occasionally got a word with Ginny, almost never with Fred.

But George and Angelina weren’t the only people you hung out with.

It turned out you and Draco had every single class together. You even had Astronomy with him, and only him. No Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny… no one! He didn’t even have it with Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy or Blaise. It was an advanced Astronomy class, and you and Draco were the only two 6th years in it. All the other students were 7th years, most of them being Hufflepuffs.

You two had become very close, and he is who you spent most of your time with. He had become your best friend, and you liked him a lot. He was so sweet to you, always going out of his way to make sure you smiled every minute he was with you. Every night, as Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred and George ran off to do other things, you waited up for Draco, who had made it a habit to walk you to the Gryffindor tower. You spent your weekends with him, you spent your breaks with him, you spent passing time with him… The point being, you were always with him. And every moment you were with Draco, you felt as if you were the luckiest girl alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, can you say filler??
thats all this "chapter" is. i cant even feel comfortable calling it a chapter, its so short!
but it was necessary to set up for where my story is going to start.