Sequel: Into Forever
Status: Updates Every Weekend (if not sooner)

Essential Hope

Chapter 19: Bacon Bits

The news that you and Draco were dating spread quickly. By the next morning, it seemed everyone knew a Gryffindor and a Slytherin were openly dating. Some were shocked and angry two rival students had feelings for each other, some were enthusiastic about the “Romeo and Juliet” couple, but most really didn’t care either way.

At breakfast, you were sitting with Angelina and George, of course, when a familiar reddish brown owl fluttered down towards you.

“Ebony!” You gasped, jumping up to intercept your owl. She landed gracefully on your shoulder, and held out her leg. A letter was attached. You grabbed it off quickly and sat down, turning the envelope over in your hand. It read:

To Miss Kelsey Lynette Spence

There was no return address. George leaned over the table and read it, dripping bacon pieces on it. Furrowing your brow, you swept the pieces of breakfast off the envelope and read the letter.

Kelsey,
I hope Ebony found you alright, seeing as we don’t know of any other way to reach you. We miss you so much, it’s unbelievable!


You gasped, the letter was from Carson and Lakey! George jumped from your sudden outburst, and said,

“What was that for Kelso?” You ignored his question and kept reading:

So, Lakey and I wanted to get you up to date on the events in the Werner household: Mom broke down after you left, my dad became even more of an asshole (if that’s even possible), and they both went insane.

Since I’m eighteen, I moved myself out, and of course Lakey is with me. We live in a small apartment down in Gloucester, and we were both hoping you’d come down for Thanksgiving? Our address is at the bottom, feel free to come whenever you want! Lakey really misses you, and of course I do too. You can bring Harry with you too, if he wants. And I’m sure you’ve made more friends, feel free to invite everyone down! Hope to hear from you soon sis, I love you!

Love,

Lakey and Carson

You grinned and folded the letter up, sticking it in your school bag.

“Will you answer me now?” George asked as he shoved a piece of toast in his mouth.

“Can you stop eating for two seconds and maybe I’ll tell you??” He grinned a toast-filled grin, and you couldn’t help but laugh. You gave him a recap of the letter as you, him and Angelina stood up to go to class. Draco met you at the doors, and you four headed off. George and Angie bid you goodbye at the foot of the stairs, and they went up to Astronomy. Hand in hand, you and Draco walked to Potions.

You received a few rude looks, a few grins, and every now and then a shrug of uncaringness (yes, I’m aware that isn’t a word, but it works well enough for me). Once in the classroom, instead of sitting with Hermione, Harry and Ron like you usually did, you sat with Draco, Crabbe and Goyle. Draco sat on the outside, leaving you between him and Crabbe, who smiled warmly at you. You sat your stuff down, and then walked over to Hermione. You sat on the corner of the desk in front of her, and you told her about the letter from Carson and Lakey. While you were both deep in conversation, a feeble voice said,

“Oh, so um, you got a letter from your brothers?” Harry was standing behind Hermione, shifting uncomfortably. You sent him a cool glance, then looked at Hermione and said,

“Yes. Hermione, I’m gonna sit down. Lets eat lunch together and I’ll tell you the rest. Oh, and bring Ginny-“ You met Harry’s eyes then and said, “Just Ginny.” He winced at your words as if you had hit him across the face. You walked back to your table, and sank into your seat, and began telling Draco as well.

Lunch came and went, with Hermione and Ginny crowded around you, reading the letter and sharing gossip with you. After the afternoon classes were over, you all ate a filling dinner, you kissed Draco goodnight after he walked with you, Hermione, Ginny, Angie and George to the tower, and then you five all crowded around the couch. George, Angie and you (in that order) sat on the couch, with you stretching your legs across Angie’s lap.

Hermione and Ginny laid down on the rug, and listened to Angie tell a story about a quidditch match from a few years ago, with George adding in some funny, but not so helpful, details. Harry and Ron came sulking in and, after seeing the fun you all were having, trudged moodily up to the boys dorm. By ten, Hermione had finally sent you all to bed, and told you she was setting the alarm five minutes earlier than usual (to which she received a rude gesture from Ginny). Once everyone was in bed, you began dozing off as well.

It was about two o’clock when the noise stirred you from sleep. The soft creaking of floorboards underneath unseen feet sent a cold chill down your spine. You sat up warily, looking around. Nothing, as far as you could see. You studied all the bunks, and couldn’t see a single girl out of her bed. You laid back down reluctantly, and tried to shut your eyes, playing it off as just a paranoid thought.

No! There it was again, you weren’t making things up! You shot up in bed and jumped to your feet, snatching your wand off your bedside table. A flash of shadow passed in front of the window, and you could hear the soft rustle of a wand being pulled from a pocket. You spun towards the noise, and before you could shout stupefy, the shadow cried out,
“LEREMARKUS!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, as always! I love your feedback, it gives me more reasons to get new chapters out faster!

Any comments, suggestions or criticism, please let me know!
also, any ideas for things to happen in the story? A big thanks to Ashley 2410 and ConsiderMeDestroyed5 for the great ideas! THANKS GUYS!