Sequel: Into Forever
Status: Updates Every Weekend (if not sooner)

Essential Hope

Chapter 8: Sling Shots and Potato Guns

It was about nine o clock when you stirred. The sun was shining in from the window beside your bed, casting the room in a warm glow. Hermione’s bed was empty, and Ginny was still sprawled under her covers, totally out. You swung your legs over the side of the bed, and stood to stretch. You still hadn’t changed out of your jeans, hoodie and shirt, and were feeling uncomfortably warm. You saw George had dropped off your suitcase last night, and opened it.

You dug through until you found a pair of green and white plaid shorts. You grabbed those, and a formfitting green shirt with a cool white design across it. You changed quickly, and brushed out your hair. You added a bit of makeup, and then walked barefoot down the stairs. Harry, Hermione, Fred, George and someone you didn’t recognize (but knew was a Weasley from his flame red hair and silly grin) were seated in the family room. Harry looked up, and grinned.

“Kelsey! You’re up, good.” He stood up and hugged you. Right when he let go, Fred and
George stood up, asking,

“Don’t we get hugs too?” You smiled and wrapped one arm around Fred and one arm around George. They squeezed you tight, and then returned to the couch. Hermione gave you a half hug since she was still sitting down, and then Harry motioned to the boy you didn’t know.

“Kelsey, this is my best mate, Ron.” Ron stood up and blushed, smiling awkwardly. He stepped forward and shook your hand. Not wanting him to feel left out, you asked,

“Do you want a hug too?” He blushed harder, and mumbled,

“Oh, er- yeah! Definitely..” You wrapped your arms around him and he did the same. He quickly sat back down, blushing so wildly you were surprised his face wasn’t on fire. You sat down next to Harry, Across from Fred and George. They began discussing Fred and George’s joke shop ambition (even though they’re in 7th year now, lets pretend that they don’t leave until the end of this year). You listened intently, laughing at all their marvelous ideas. About an hour later, Ginny came trudging down the stairs, still half asleep in her pajamas. Just then, Mrs. Weasley popped around the corner of the kitchen, announcing breakfast. Harry stood up first, and offered you a hand up. He pulled you to your feet and smiled, your hand still in his. He let go, his cheeks flushing pink, and walked into the kitchen.

As you began to follow him, two hands clamped down on your shoulder. Fred and George pulled you back, and Fred asked,

“How would you like to help us with something?” You grinned wide and said,

“Count me in!” Fred and George grinned at each other, and George said,

“Meet us in the backyard after you finish breakfast.” Agreeing, the twins ran off to their room to gather supplies, and you took your seat at the table. About halfway through your eggs, Mrs. Weasley said,

“Oh, Kelsey dear, you still need patching up… Come over here.” She summoned a chair, and patted it hopefully. You scooped the rest of your eggs into your mouth, and grabbed a piece of bacon. By now, only Harry and Ron were left in the kitchen with you and Mrs. Weasley. Ginny was off to write a letter to Dean, while Hermione was in the backyard reading. Mrs. Weasley examined your arm first. She grabbed her wand, muttered a few spells, and the scrapes and gashes were gone from your arm. She quickly fixed up your legs, and the second she was done, you stood up and hugged her.

“Thank you!” She beamed and said,

“Oh it was nothing..” And turned back to the laundry. You asked Harry and Ron if they were coming out soon. Harry said he’d join you in a few minutes, while Ron mumbled something and turned a deep shade of crimson. You smiled and walked out to the backyard.

“Kelsey!” Someone whispered from above you. You looked up and were greeted by the site of Fred and George, dangling upside down from the roof. They each held out a hand, and in one swift movement, pulled you up easily. On the roof were several buckets of water balloons, a belt of rubber, a few metal rods, and a potato gun. Fred grinned as he explained the plan.

“Alright, how much do you weigh?” You looked taken aback, and said,

“Uh, about 110, why?” Fred and George grinned, holding up the huge belt of rubber.

“Oh, no.. You both are crazy!” You exclaimed, beginning to look for a way down. George
grabbed your arm.

“Please, Kelsey? We need a guinea pig for this, and both Fred and I are too heavy. Please?” You looked skeptically at them, saying,

“I’ve know you for twelve hours, and you expect me to let you catapult me from a roof?” Fred grinned wildly, and said,

“Come on, would we ever put you into danger?”

“Actually, I don’t know!”

“We’ve done this a hundred times!” Fred assured you,

“George just said I was the guinea pig! How could you do it a hundred times if you still need to test it out??”

“Okay, so I exaggerated.. But please?” With Fred and George both making puppy dog eyes, how could you refuse? Reluctantly, you gave in, and watched nervously as Fred and George prepared the sling shot. Once assuring you it was secure, they continued with the
plan.

“So, we’re gonna launch you to the tree over there- oh, don’t look like that” Fred interjected as you winced in fright from imaging how wrong this could go. “You’ll find two huge water balloons and some rope already set up.” Fred finished the plan, and by the end, you were grinning with anticipation.

“Okay, now come here..” Fred said, standing up. He held out both his hands for you to grab, and you willingly did so. He led you to where the slingshot was prepared. From there, you could see the side of the tree that had been arranged just for this launch. There were branches cut off of one side, and a plywood board arranged as a landing platform. Fred and George pulled back the rubber belt, and seemed to be measuring where they needed it to be so you’d land on the board. Once ready, George called you over.

“Okay stand in the middle.. a little to the left.. right there!” You froze where George told you to, and then leaned back onto the belt.

“One.. two.. three.. go!” Fred and George released the belt, and you were flung through the air.
♠ ♠ ♠
so, i wasnt gonna put this up until tomorrow, i was gonna watch HP 3. Sadly, I can't find my DVD, so no movie =[

so you can thank my amazing skill of loosing things for having this chapter up tonight