Sequel: Was I The Only One?
Status: Active

It's Not A Love Song

Wet body

We had all decided to go for a family dinner after the show, Nick had invited his new love interest Emma who he claims is ‘just a friend.’ She’s just a friend for now, all his girlfriends start of as just friends, then he works on up to girlfriend status. He met her a few weeks ago and has kept in contact with his after leaving his number with her on a Starbucks cup. Smooth boy.

Luckily we were staying in a hotel with only a three hour drive to the next venue in the morning. So, while the boys and band showered I changed into a black Balenciaga dress with some dazzling glitter pumps and a silver diamond flower bracelet. I put my iPhone into a Chanel clutch along with some lipstick, power and a brush in case of emergency. I usually took make up with me after bad experiences of breaking down for numerous hours and getting trapped in paparazzi surrounded beaches.

Tonight I was sharing a room with Joe, well, more like a suite. We had separate rooms with equal sized double beds each with an ensuites along with a lounge equip with a large TV and a Jacuzzi on the balcony.

I decided while waiting for everyone to get sorted before we left to curl my hair. I put in some large loose curls through out my hair then pinned some up of it with silver hair grips. That only took me five minutes though so I painted my nails black, still it didn’t take up enough time. I sat and looked at my reflection in the mirror, checking my imperfections and trying my best to cover them up.

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t trying harder than usual tonight. I wore shocking red lip against my black eye make up to stand out, it wasn’t something I usually did but I thought I suited it. Just as I wiped some lip stick from the corner of my mouth I noticed something strange move in the background behind me.

The mirror was angled so I could see into Joe’s open bedroom door. Joe stood, a white towel wrapped loosely around his waist, gazing into his closet where his mom had hung numerous choices for him to wear so we could get to the restaurant quicker. His still wet body glistened in the light making my mouth drop open slightly, he stepped forward and disappeared from my view. I leaned back onto the back two legs of my chair so I could see him again, smiling deviously as he came into view in the mirror once again. Joe reached out sharply causing the towel to drop from his waist.

Unconsciously I let go on the dressing table at the sight of my new discovery, my chair tipped backwards and my stomach dropped. I let out a squeak as I reached for it once more, just grabbing the wood by my finger tips.

A breath of relief escaped my lips as I stood up from the chair, feeling safer on my feet, and then switched off the curling iron I had forgotten about.

“Jools, you ready?” I heard Joe.

“Y-yeah!” I stuttered back, I checked my self out in the mirror then smacked my lips together with a smile. Once I smiled I noticed I had red lipstick on my tooth, I quickly wiped it off, thanking God for his warning.

I straightened out my dress then sauntered out of my room, flicking off the switch on my way out. When I stepped into the lounge Joe stood in a dark purple button up and some dark skinny jeans.

He looked me over with a smile. “You didn’t wash you hair.” I pointed out, opening my bag and getting out a comb. I sighed and began to style his hair, putting some curls in the right places. Being in my heels I was the same height as him making this job even easier.

“Thanks.” I smiled at him and tapped his forehead with the comb, “You suit the red lipstick, very sexy.”

The word sexy made me fell a bit odd, you know kind of the way you feel when you see a baby with earrings.

I chuckled nervously, “Sexy…” I trailed off.

“You do.” He assured me, his eyes following me as I bent to get my purse then stood back up again. “Let’s go then.”

I nodded offering him a small smile which he returned. We both walked down the corridor and to the elevator together, everyone was already down in the lobby or waiting in a car outside. Once we got to the ground floor we discovered we were late and everyone was in the car waiting for us, minus Big Rob who escorted us past the shutter bugs and into the car.

Joe and I took the two remaining seats at the front of the black, tinted out SUV next to each other. I pulled out my iPhone and opened Tweetie. “Here Joe.” I said, holding out my iPhone in front of us.

I pursed my lips and looked to Joe who stuck his tongue out to the side so it was almost touching my cheek. I snapped the picture and then posted it with the caption ‘Off to an extremely late dinner with the fam and band. Joe smells.’

“You guys don’t tweet enough.” I scolded, looking at their page, they hadn’t tweeted for two days.

Joe frowned and pulled out his iPhone as if I had challenged him. I looked at the screen and giggled as he typed,

Jonasbrothers A certain girl with red lipstick on says we don’t tweet enough. Tsk. And that I smell. Tsk x2 – Joe

Someone tapped me on the shoulder, with a confused look I turned around to see Nick sat with his ‘friend’ next to him. “Oh hi! Didn’t see you there, you must be Emma. I’m Julia.” I smiled, holding out my hand.

She put hers into mine and shook it. “Yeah, I’m Emma.”

I smiled at her, the girl seems scared. She tucked her straightened brown hair behind her ear then flicked her fringe away from her face. You could tell she was trying to get her parton more to the side as a small chunk of hair was yet to cooperate with the rest of her fringe. Her brown eyes flashed around the car nervously while her heel tapped on the floor from her constant leg bouncing. She wore a simple red vest tucked into a waist high denim skirt with some black flats on her feet, simple but not too casual.

“I feel under dressed.” She mumbled to Nick, her eyes glancing over my outfit.

“You’re perfect.” He whispered back making a rosy blush creep up to her cheeks.

I grinned at the happy ‘friendly’ couple and twisted back around in my seat upon hearing Big Rob start up the car. “Belts on gang.”

I smiled to myself, feeling superior or physic that I had already done it knowing he would ask us to do it. “What are you so pleased at?” Joe asked, snapping out of my smug day dream.

I sniggered to myself, “Nothing.”

Joe pursed his lips in a puzzled manner but faced forward again.

We drove easily to the restaurant. Once our car arrived the large bunch of us were led to the upstairs of the restaurant where a large circular table stood waiting for us. Joe sat to the left of me with Danielle to my right.

“What’re you getting?” I asked Joe, staring at the Italian menu. Then I spotted it, lasagne, my savoir.

“There’s this pasta chicken thing that looks good enough.” He mumbled shutting the menu.

Being in a large group Denise sent a piece of paper around for us all to write our drinks on and then another for our food. That was it was quicker and more efficient, always thinking is Denise.

So, after scribbling down on the paper what I wanted to drink and eat I turned to Danielle, “How’s the wedding plans coming?”

“They’re coming along slowly, but we’re in no rush.” She smiled, showing her white teeth. “Just looking around for a decent wedding planner.”

“Nonsense, you have one over there. She’s called Denise.” I joked.

Danielle pushed my shoulder slightly, “Yeah, our moms will be involved a lot. We just need someone who knows a lot of venues and stylists and…” she sighed, “everything.”

“It’ll get there eventually, until then you can gaze at your ring in awe.” I smirked, sipping some water.

“And him.” She gushed.

I rolled my eyes with a grin. I shuffled my chair closer to the table and then rested my elbows on it, trying to figure out what some people were saying. Everyone was engrossed in different conversations and I was yet to find one to contribute to.

Bored, I pulled out my iPhone and opened Tweetie.

Juliharrr I should’ve brought earphones… song in my head now. Should’ve said no, should’ve gone home… :]

Joe’s finger tips sent a tingling feeling around my body as they brushed my skin to push the hair away from my ear. “Bored?” Joe whispered and I nodded solemnly. “Want to play a game…”

I rested my elbows on the table and laced my fingers together, “What kind of a game?” I whispered back, smacking my lips together. “Let’s play a love game…” I sung quietly to him making him laugh.

It took five waiters to carry our food to us all at the same time but when it came with quickly dug in.

“I’m not a fan of this pasta.” Joe said, looking at it on his fork. He turned the fork towards me, “Try it?”

I wrapped my lips around the fork and bit off the pasta which was actually quite nice but left a dry texture in your mouth, “I like it, want to swap?” I asked him.

“You don’t mind?” Joe asked, blushing.

“Joe, we swap food all the time.” I chuckled, swapping our plates around. “Simple.”

After sacrificing my much tastier lasagne for Joe’s pasta I made sure I forced my self to eat it all so he didn’t feel bad. My mom and Joe’s parents were talking about my dad, and one by one everyone around the table was drawn into the conversation; even Nick and Emma who had been in their own bubble all night were listening.

“And he’d say ‘you know, liars tongues turn green’ and Julia would keep her mouth tight shut. She could never get away with anything.” My mom chuckled, smiling at me.

I froze in shock for a few seconds as Joe placed a loving hand on my bare knee, he gently rubbed his thumb over the skin there and wrapped his other arm around my shoulder. My heart pounded which made me realise, I was back to my fifteen year old crush on Joe Jonas. I couldn’t decide whether to lean into him or put my hand on his but Joe decided for me.

He pushed his hand down the inside of my thigh and pulled me closer to him with the arm he had around me shoulder. Joe momentarily took his hand off my thigh giving me the chance to cross my legs, but even still he placed his hand back onto my right knee.

Denise laughed too, “Remember when the ice cream truck came around and none of us could be bothered to go for the kids so we told them that the music meant there was none left.”

Joe, Nick, Kevin and I looked between each other. “You deprived us of ice cream?” Kevin gasped, “I’m ashamed in you.”

“Me too, tsk, tsk.” I said, waggling my finger at them with a smile that I couldn’t hold back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please, everyone leave me a comment on what you think.

I actually changed the plot line in my mind so this wasn't as interesting as it was going to be, I apologise. Let me know what you think :)

Thanks, oh and follow me on twitter!